Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I finally got the mini iron

I finally got the mini iron

I finally bought the mini iron i've been wanting. It went on sale at Joann's and I just had to have it. lol
    I've been making the Eldon quilt and sewing 1 inch strips to make 4 1/2 blocks. I got tired of getting up and pressing after each strip. They also had a binding mat for pressing which works perfect right in front of my machine
    I am so glad I bought it too. It makes things easier when working with small pieces.
    However, I don't think I will be making anything else that has such small pieces.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Syl

Power Poster
    I like to iron my seams as I go when quilting. You will use it more often then you think and besides it is so darn cute I would have bought it too.

Oh - I want one!! May have to check it out at Joanns.

I have the Eldon pattern, haven't started it yet. Please post yours when you get some of the blocks put together! I'd love to see how it's coming along.

I like that binding mat also for pressing small pieces, it is very handy. I put a table next to the sewing machine when I am sewing projects that require "sew, press, sew, press" such as string quilts.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

I have Eldon too but haven't started it yet either. Would love to hear from others who have and pictures would be great!

I have the same iron, aren't they cute!

What kind of iron is that? It looks a lot less likely to be a burn hazard (for the user) than the one I have!

this is a Dritz iron that I bought from JoAnn's last weekend. It was 39.00 on sale for 19.00, and the little binding ironing pad was 14.00. So far I really like it.. You have to press your strips to get the correct size and it makes it easier and faster. No complaints
    Syl

Blog Entries
    OMG this is just perfect.. I want one too....

SO much better than the one I have..it has a little metal triangle to iron with, and the metal stem has burned me several times...I think that part gets hotter than the ironing section!! Will have to watch for the sale on this one

Blog Entries
    I LOVE that iron! I bought one a couple of years ago, and it worked so well I went back and purchased two more - one as a back-up, and the other to give to a friend. It is fabulous for applique (I use the template plastic and starch method) and for exactly what you're doing - using it next to the machine to press small seams as I sew.

Blog Entries
    Here's a pic for anyone who is curious. It's called the Dritz Petite Press.

just bought one on a road trip. was hoping picked the right one. thank you for saying you loved it.

Update on my mini iron---
    well, the only real problem I see with the iron is that it could get just a tad hotter for me. It did its job ok, but I felt like I had to hold it on the fabric longer to really get it to stay flat like I wanted. Nothing like the regular iron and steam. lol
    Sewing went faster because I didn't have to get up, I had it sitting right in front of me. It's worth it to have one.
    1-10, I give it an 8 or 9.
    Syl