Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I found the not to be found hoop I wanted!

Blog Entries

I found the not to be found hoop I wanted!

I have been searching for the Buhoogee quilting hoop for almost forever! Apparently they aren't made anymore as they were all handmade from what I was told. I guess the maker quit or passed away. They were expensive when they were available but now worth their weight in gold if you can find one. I borrowed one at a hand quilting class some years ago and it was perfect for me. The round ones seemed so awkward for me to hold and use.

Traffic was rerouted from the street I usually take to the post office this morning. I noticed a small yard sale so on impulse I stopped which I rarely do for one table yard sales that looks like all clothing. There it was sticking out of laundry hamper: The rectangle Buhoogee quilting hoop! I picked it up and the price was $5. The woman said it was left in a closet when she moved into her house. I love the feeling of finding a long desired item at the most unexpected place. I had a $20 dollar bill and she couldn't make change. I didn't mind at all!
    Got fabric?

Sounds like you had a really lucky day. I bet you'll smile every time you pick that hoop up now!

Blog Entries
    I have a mini whole quilt top in the frame now. I've had this mini whole cloth still in the package just for when I found this hoop one day. A new package of Clover Black Gold needles and a spool of YLI quilting thread and I am happy as can be.
    Got fabric?

Sometimes the best things just turn up when we least expect them to.. or take a new route! Congrats on your hoop!

Power Poster
    Eureka! I love it when that happens!

I love this kind of story.....and the people who are still of the 'hunter/gatherer' tribe.

One mans trash is another mans Treasure!! Congratulations.

ok so please! do show what this hoop looks like

Blog Entries
    A friend of mine told me if you want something you have to put it out there in the universe and it will come. I am glad it came for you!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Woohoo....a win for both of you. You finally got your prized item and the garage sale lady thought she struck gold too!