Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I get cranky........... >

I get cranky...........

I get cranky...........

Old 05-31-2022, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

Default I get cranky...........

When too many days go by that I'm not in my happy room!
We've been planting a lot and my sewing machine hasn't been on for a few days.
I honestly get cranky when I don't get in there
Anyone else?

I guess you would say I'm genuinely obsessed.
However, our flower beds are gorgeous!!!
Old 05-31-2022, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

No not me. My mojo comes and goes and I’m in my room when I want to be.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:56 AM

I get frustrated when I can't get to stitching. There is always a long list of me of things to do. I try and get some stitching in as otherwise what is the point of getting all those "have to tasks" done???
Old 05-31-2022, 08:35 AM

I agree. I get cranky if it’s been too long without some quality time with my machine.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

It never fails when I am eager to be in my sewing room something interferes to cut my time short. The days I have no big desire to sew nothing interfere at all.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
It never fails when I am eager to be in my sewing room something interferes to cut my time short. The days I have no big desire to sew nothing interfere at all.
Doesn't that fall under "Murphy's Law"?
Old 05-31-2022, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

I don't always get into my sewing room everyday anymore. I do get there as often as I can. My life has changed and things are not the same. I don't get cranky, that would not help.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:15 AM

Oh, I love that - my happy room!!

I have a tendency to get cranky and antsy when I find out I have too many projects going. Right now, I'm hand piecing a GFG that's my long project, I'm trying to get things started for Cathedral Window pillows and I have an organizer that's currently sitting on my sewing machine that hasn't been touched since last Friday. The organizer is supposed to help me get my hexagons in order so I can have a traveling kit, I've got 2.5" squares sitting in my turntable organizer that's waiting for me to start the pillows and where am I at? Cruising the Interwebs looking at none other than Cathedral Window measurements, cruising YouTube and playing Taonga - just because I have done did what I said I wouldn't do at the beginning of the year - have too many projects in my plate all at once and now I don't know which direction to turn. Logically, it would be the organizer, that way I can get my hexagons in order and set that to the side (I'm getting bored with it, only because I've worked on it constantly for like two months straight) so I can pull my large cutting mat out and start in on the pillows.

When a sewing room or sewing space becomes an extension of ourselves, getting too busy to spend time in there feels weird. It's even worse when we're not feeling well, at least it is to me. I wish the migraines I had weren't as soul-sucking as they really are.

Fiancé will probably be going to our friend's this weekend - would be a perfect time to start those pillows so I can work on them uninterrupted. Okay, wheeling myself to my sewing machine now - LOL.
Old 06-01-2022, 04:52 PM

I think my quilting is an extension of myself. Some people go for a walk, some people do yoga. I quilt. I wouldn't say I get cranky, or antsy if I don't quilt. But, I find that when I quilt, it relaxes me. I can quilt and forget for a while some of life's issues and grinds that we deal with in everyday life. After spending time in my quilting room, I feel refreshed.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:52 PM

I am going through a spurt right now that my mojo has up and gone. My only interest right now has been doing the BOM on The Quilt Show. I was eagerly awaiting the first of June for this month’s installment but now the computer is broken. I can get the pattern on my IPad but I am not able to print it out without connecting through the computer. Oh bother!!! Just had a thought… I am going to my son’s tomorrow and I can print it over there! yes! My DIL and I are going to Ulta’s tomorrow. I have started chemo for breast cancer and I want to get stencils or something so I can have “eyebrows”. My DIL is great with her makeup and I probably could just get pointers from her but I thought this would be fun. Well I certainly got off topic. Sorry