Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I got my chuckle for the day :)

I got my chuckle for the day :)

I just read the rules for the community and couldnít help but laugh at the dress code. I promise not to wear my snooty shoes or knotted shorts. Iíll save that dress code for Facebook 😁😁. I think Iíll like it here!!

Blog Entries
    oh my, that is all i need. a dress code. as it is, my HOA seriously doesn't like me. but let people park on their front lawns. grrr. dress code. with today's freedom- they are lucky anyone "dresses".
    was it a cute sign or something sent to you online? I would love to see a sign that cute in my neighborhood.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    oh my, that is all i need. a dress code. as it is, my HOA seriously doesn't like me. but let people park on their front lawns. grrr. dress code. with today's freedom- they are lucky anyone "dresses".
    was it a cute sign or something sent to you online? I would love to see a sign that cute in my neighborhood.
    i think it’s a part of the rules for this online community here at the quilting boards.
    ďBe the change you wish to see in the world.Ē
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

That's hilarious! I've shoved my snooty shoes to the back of the closet. Don't intend to bring them out any time soon - lol. Welcome to the Board from Florida (yes, it's hot here, too).

Welcome to this board. Lots of knowledgeable here willing to help.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Power Poster
    What, you actually read the rules? Now I have had a chuckle.

I am chuckling too. What rules??? Welcome and happy quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    What, you actually read the rules? Now I have had a chuckle.
    I know right!! I never read the rules. I was just really bored.

Blog Entries
    I've never read them only, I buck rules
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

There are rules?!
    Kindness matters

Jackie

It's a different type of place than FB... Maybe it's an older fashion, but it's fun! Thanks for sharing your chuckle. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    It's a different type of place than FB... Maybe it's an older fashion, but it's fun! Thanks for sharing your chuckle. :-)
    Iím getting so tired of FB. It seems to be nothing but drama, politics or religion.

My thoughts...rules are made for those with no initiative! Who reads rules?

Welcome from Houston! Glad you are here! I came home from going downtown and running various errands and shoes came off, clothes were next, and I am already in my comfy nightgown as I don't plan on going any where else today. My momma taught me that - when we came home from school or church it was take off the good clothes and put on the play clothes. Today my play clothes are, well, already told you what!

I like that almost everyone is polite and respectful to each other here and if someone posts a really negative comment, many chime in to let the poster know that is unacceptable and to reassure the original poster that they are just fine. It is a great group here that does not allow bullying. And we have great monitors that really watch what is posted! Thank you, monitors!

Where are the rules? I would like to read them some day when I am feeling in the need of a chuckle.
    Last edited by JanieH; 07-07-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Go to the "Help" button on the top bar, then it will open a window, go to "Useful Threads" Community Rules.

I think the most astounding thing about this community is how quickly the people can find patterns, fabric and answers to questions. I love it when someone says "I am looking for..." It is truly remarkable how fast this group finds things, solves quilting problems and answers questions. Welcome from Oregon. Yes, this crowd dresses appropriately!
    Quote Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
    Welcome from Houston! Glad you are here! I came home from going downtown and running various errands and shoes came off, clothes were next, and I am already in my comfy nightgown as I don't plan on going any where else today. My momma taught me that - when we came home from school or church it was take off the good clothes and put on the play clothes. Today my play clothes are, well, already told you what!

I like that almost everyone is polite and respectful to each other here and if someone posts a really negative comment, many chime in to let the poster know that is unacceptable and to reassure the original poster that they are just fine. It is a great group here that does not allow bullying. And we have great monitors that really watch what is posted! Thank you, monitors!

Where are the rules? I would like to read them some day when I am feeling in the need of a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    Go to the "Help" button on the top bar, then it will open a window, go to "Useful Threads" Community Rules.
    Thank you - found them. I am really impressed - Great rules, especially the dress code!

As I have said before, I Treasure this board; folks are helpful, funny, and respectful. There is no such as a "dumb" question, and I love that. Even a "raw" beginner should not feel threatened by asking. Thanks, everyone.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-13-2018 at 03:27 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps

Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA
    [QUOTE=nativetexan;8088385] as it is, my HOA seriously doesn't like me. but let people park on their front lawns. grrr.

Sounds like you are in my park! :-)
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING... (Borrowed from Airwick156 :-)