Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: I have been told stitch in ditch is " a cop out." What about sending your top out ?

Phooey on them!!

I found out I was SID the wrong way. I didn't know I was supposed to stitch on one side or the other and I just wing it... I have never taken a class or anything (can you guess?) LOL!

It doesn't lmatter how you finish your quilt. It is your choice and no one elses business. I hand quilt and the lstitches are all sizes sometimes depending on how the old Arthritis is at the time. I tie a lot too and outline too. No one who gets the quilts has ever complained. They just get a big ole smile on thier face and say thanks mom/grandma!!!

Blog Entries
    Any quilting that I do I consider quilting...I always think if someone is saying something to be rude that maybe they don't feel good about what THEY do...so they try and "tear" someone else's work down to build themselves up...just my opinion.
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Okay, so I just watched a Q&A with Jenny Doan and she says stitch in the ditch is one of the hardest methods of quilting, because it is easy to pop out of the ditch. Thank you Jenny!

Okay, so I just watched a Q&A with Jenny Doan and she says stitch in the ditch is one of the hardest methods of quilting, because it is easy to pop out of the ditch. Thank you Jenny for vindication!

Blog Entries
    I have one word for her - POOP!

Blog Entries
    I agree with others who say you should ignore what others have to say about the way YOU quilt YOUR quilts. You probably don't pick on the way they quilt their quilt...right?

If a quilt requires longarm custom quilting it is sometime stitched in the ditch in specific areas to enhance the quilt & quilting.

Nan
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8