Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I have new (to me!) embroidery machine

Smile I have new (to me!) embroidery machine

I bought a used Babylock Ellageo machine today. It's an older one with the 3 1/2 inch drive on it but it does all kinds of neat things! Now I just need to find some Babylock embroidery cards for it.......
    Heather

Blog Entries
    congrats on your new baby!! LOL
    dare to dream

You won't have to use embroidery cards--I rarely use them in mine. I do use the 3 1/2 inch floppies a lot, though. If you don't have a floppy drive in your computer you can get one that will plug into a USB port and work just fine. You can buy designs from any designer, as long as you use your format, and unzip them and save them to your floppy disc. I do recommend you don't save a lot of unzipped designs at one time--it takes longer for the machine to read the disc, and don't save any unzipped files to it. If I can help you in any way, please PM me. I have an older Brother 2002D that still works just fine and uses the cards and floppies. Right now, I have no desire or need to upgrade.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Blog Entries
    congrats on your new machine. i love embroidered quilt labels
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I had one of those and sold it - it was an incredible machine and I am sorry bought another in its place. You will love it. It is not picky on thread and the stitching on mine was beautiful.

Congratulations!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Thanks ladies! Ginaky, I may take you up on your offer if I run into trouble.
    Heather

Congrats, enjoy!!!!!!

Go to the DesignsBySick.com web site and join. It's free and they give away free designs every day. Also they are reasonable is price. Love them. I have 2 emb. machine and love them both. I know you will enjoy yours.

Thanks Eva! I joined the site.
    Heather

There is a thread on QB on "Special embroidery" group. I did not know about it until last week. Lots to learn I am finding out with my Bernette Deco 340. I search by those two words and found it. Good Luck and have fun.

I don't remember if you can connect that machine directly to a computer. If you can, skip the floppies. then machine will appear as a "removable drive" on your computer & you can just copy & paste PES designs from a PC. If not, buy an external floppy drive for your PC & use that. Pre-programmed cards are expensive -- IF you can even find them. good luck.. it's a great machine!

Congratulations! What is going to be your first project? Please post pictures. Again, congratulations!

Blog Entries
    Enjoy your new machine, you will love it. Embroidering is so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    There is a thread on QB on "Special embroidery" group. I did not know about it until last week. Lots to learn I am finding out with my Bernette Deco 340. I search by those two words and found it. Good Luck and have fun.
    How do you locate the "special embroidery" group? Thank you

just out of curiosity (and I totally understand if you want to message the answer privately), how much did you pay for the ellageo? I only ask because I had a customer this morning curious about trading one in & I told her she'd be much better off selling it privately. did you buy yours from a dealer or privately? If I'm out of line for asking, pls say so -- I don't want to put you on the spot

Babylock also owns Amazing Designs. They have the Amazing Box which will write cards for your machine. It should come with a programmable card. I've used it, isn't bad. We had an Ellure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SingerSewer View Post
    How do you locate the "special embroidery" group? Thank you
    I'm sorry, I never heard of this one. We've tried to get a special category for embroidery but was vetoed. There is a link called Embroidery, lets chat or something like that. If you just put embroidery in the search it'll pull up all things with that in it.
    Judy

Baby Lock has a basic Palette PTS available. http://babylock.com/software/palette-pts/
    Brother has a Ped Basic also. http://www.brother-usa.com/HomeSewin...ftwarePED.aspx

I have seen the Brother for around $100 on ebay. Both include software, card, etc to transfer from your computer to the machine.

Should have added both are for the pes format.

One of the strong points about Brother and Baby Lock is both use the pes format and have lots of things that are interchangeable.
    Jo
    Happy Days!!! I am retired and have fabric and a sewing machine...what could be better than that?