Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have a question about EQ7 for resident experts... >

I have a question about EQ7 for resident experts...

I have a question about EQ7 for resident experts...

Old 01-19-2018, 09:35 PM
Power Poster

Question I have a question about EQ7 for resident experts...

Is there a way to add notes to a quilt or block? I would like to add Accuquilt die information to a quilt I am making so next time I don't have to figure out all over again which dies fit together for it. Also, there are quilts I want to make in magazines I have on hand, and I would like to create these quilts in EQ7 and add notes about which magazine they are in.

Today I was looking for a specific block, which I did eventually find, but I was wondering if there is any kind of search function in EQ7 that I could use to find specific blocks, or specific quilts, or even specific file names.

All help appreciated!
Old 01-19-2018, 10:56 PM
Gay

If you have saved your blocks and quilt into the sketchbook - click on sketchbook - blocks (or quilts) select the block or quilt then look to the bottom and click on 'notecard'. Here you can save details of each, then hit the thumbtack in the top right corner to save your notes.

To find blocks in EQ7, go to 'libraries' on the menu bar, select 'blocks library' - at the bottom select 'search' and type in the name or type of block.

Last edited by Gay; 01-19-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:06 AM
Power Poster

I think Gay's advice is what you need. However, I have tips come up when I open EQ7. One said that you can write words on your quilt on layer 2. To put that button on your toolbar, click on the 'customize' icon... see red box on pic. choose add/remove buttons. choose Set Applique Text... see green box on my pic. click on the text icon and use 'shift' and drag a box to write in. you wil want to change the font size to 1.0 to get the size text in my pic. When you type, it will seem invisible. use your paintbrush, choose color black [or your choice] and paint the text box. voila, the text appears...see the purple box in my pic. This is normally for applique, but I am not using applique on this quilt, so the wording is just for my info.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587386[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails temp.bmp  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-20-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Thanks to both of you!

Gay, I had tried to use the Notecard before but couldn't figure out how to get past the first field, below the red line, especially since those fields were grayed out. I tried again after your post and realized the tab key would get me down there. Now I am able to fill in and attach notecards! The search function worked for me in terms of block names, but a search on notecards did not pick up my newly attached cards (even though I pinned them; thanks again for that info!). Not sure why.

And Nan, I'm going to go through your steps this afternoon as I would really like to be able to write directly on the quilts. I was thinking there must be a way to write on at least one of the quilt layers, but was clueless about where to start. Now I know what to do!

EQ7 has been one of the slowest learning experiences I have ever had. I am so grateful that finally, after so many years, I can actually create some basic quilts on it.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:41 PM

EQ7 isn't as intuitive as it could be, which slowed me down quite a bit, too. like you, I am a determined person, so have learned enough to design simple quilts. That is fine, because that is what I make -simple quilts.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Gay

QuiltnNan - thank you for that information, another component of EQ7 I never knew about and will definitely use it. there is still so much I haven't learned about this program.

Prism99 - not sure about searching for your own blocks and notes. Someone else may be able to solve that one.