Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I hereby resolve to finish....

Blog Entries

I hereby resolve to finish....

the two lap quilts I didn't quite finish before Christmas, the crib quilt for our first grand baby, the quilt her momma wants for her nursery, and, if possible, several new projects, too!!! (I have my work cut out for me!) Um, no pun intended!! ha ha ha Happy New Year everyone!!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

I had to stress and hurry to finish my Christmas sewing and it took all of the fun out of it. So MY resolution is that 2015 will be a year without any quilting deadlines! I have a ton of UFO's I want to get finished and some new projects I've been antsy to start so I have lots planned, but no deadlines!

I already have started finishing my tops. I have backing and batting, just have to sandwich, quilt, and bind.
    this year I have to finish what I have started before I get involved with new projects.

(we'll see how long THIS lasts. )

I got a few UFO's done this year and it felt good. I hope make 2015 a fun and no deadline year also.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Banned
    I finished up almost all of my Christmas sewing on Christmas day but have one wall hanging to put the binding and hanging sleeve on. MyName:  S5032159.JPG
Views: 1592
Size:  119.2 KBName:  S5032160.JPG
Views: 1589
Size:  120.1 KB UFOs are two baby quilts that were supposed to be finished in November. The tops are done but I'm stalled on how to quilt them.

Cari

You sound like me. I told myself, no more swaps or quilts for anyone until I finish the quilts from all the swaps and the one I've been HQ'ng forever ( it always seems to be put on the side) but I LOVE doing the swaps and stuff, but my things never seem to get done for me. UGH. But so far I've not committed myself for anything in 2015.

I hereby resolve to finish....

Binding the 8yes 8 queen sized quilts hanging around, cut out, sew and finish 2 twin sized couch quilts for my in laws, sew together all my blocks from boom 13 for my king sized quilt, and get it to the la finish a queen quilt for my youngest daughter, its cut out and partially sewn together, That is by no means all my UFOs but it's the ones I want done before June.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

I am also behind on things I have cut out to sell. I have wall hangings, table cloths, table runners, and place mats. Some are ready to quilt and bind, while other are just cut out. Oh I have some children's cloth books to make also. I am getting all this out of the way before I start another quilt. Good luck to all of you and lets get back and see how we are coming alone.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

I WILL get one quilt to the quilter next week (I see her on Tuesday's at the guild work day). The binding is ready for when the quilt comes back home -- each time I get a quilt back from the quilter I WILL take another one in to be finished. I have so many finished quilt tops stashed away in various places. I want to get them finished! I also have a goal of getting 25 appliqued blocks done by the end of March -- I'm currently on block 15. I WILL get my grandson's baseball quilt pieced and quilted by June, 2015.

This year I did finish the last quilt on Christmas Eve day -- but in my defense I helped one granddaughter make 4 purses as gifts, along with 4 batches of lip gloss, and helped another granddaughter make a fleece tied blanket for her boyfriend. All in the last 7 days before Christmas.

Blog Entries
    This year I'm just going to try and finish at least one thing I get started. Not going to talk about all the UFO'S left from last year

I'd like to resolve to just try to make the things on my list of projects, but I keep getting sidetracked by more exciting projects. I do finish everything, but I tend to start a new project long before the previous is finished.

I have 3 quilts ready to be quilted....it's time to machine quilt them myself (I need to put aside the idea I can't do a 'good enough' job). And, I plan to finish beading one wallhanging. I also have 'several' quilts and wallhangings to accomplish, start-to-finish; my usual annual to-do list to be done from my stash. Some will go to family and friends, and a few to good causes along the way.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Wanting to get at least 7 done by VAlentine's day since I had a disaster with the neighbor's DGD on my DH's. Wanted to get finished with top at least so I could give to him on Christmas. New Year new beginning!

I'm hoping to get some UFOs completed and finish any new projects I've just started.
    Will see how well this actually works out. Lol!

Will continue to work down my scrap drawer!! There are 5 lap quilts that only need the quilting and binding so that is on my list, make a challenge quilt for my guild show, and complete the new Bonnie Hunter mystery (I am all caught up till tomorrow). Should keep me busy for a few weeks.

I would love to say that I Will Not start a new project until I finish some of my UFO's but I know this will never happen because I'm getting fabrics together for a new project as we speak. I do plan to quilt more of my tops this year. Happy New Years to all.

I vow to keep to my resolve of one on the sewing machine, one for hand work and one in my head, No more!!
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

I just want to get my sewing room organized, which means emptying it of as much "stuff" as possible, then rearranging furniture, mounting a design wall and some type of peg board for tools, rulers, etc. Fat quarters need to be placed in containers, yardage needs to be folded onto boards and placed on shelves. Fabrics bought for a particular pattern need to be kitted in a redwell folder and placed on shelves. All the patterns I have collected during 2014 need to be put in document protectors and filed in 3-ring binders. And all my rulers, tools, etc. need to be sorted through and some type of storage system devised so that the things I use and want to keep are easily accessible. Extras need to be stored somewhere I can find them, and extras need to be discarded, donated or given away.

I resolve to finish 2 of my unfinished projects.... the one I just started back on yesterday I started 7 months ago and the other is a baby quilt that I started and then changed my mind on. I have others, but I don't want to " over resolve "

I've got a couple in the "I bought the fabric but need to cut it out" stage. I hope to get them done this year for sure!
    Take time to recharge your batteries. Itís hard to see where youíre going when your lights are dim. Robert H. Connelly

I'm not going so far as to stick my neck out and say I will finish a couch size quilt for DD#3. Want it done before she is 50 -- have a couple (or three years) to go. Also a couch size quilt for DH. Haven't done one for him yet. Just HOPE to get both of these done this year. The DGGKs have all outgrown their baby quilts so need to start over again for their new quilts. Also one for the youngest DGS who is growing in leaps and bounds. Hopefully no emergency quilts will come up this year. Seems I have had emergency prayer quilts to do just before the holidays lately. running1, I can't believe I've put this in writing!
    One step at a time, always forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
    I had to stress and hurry to finish my Christmas sewing and it took all of the fun out of it. So MY resolution is that 2015 will be a year without any quilting deadlines! I have a ton of UFO's I want to get finished and some new projects I've been antsy to start so I have lots planned, but no deadlines!
    Oh, that is such a good idea. When it stops being fun It means it has turned into work. And quilting should be something you enjoy!

It seems most of us have the same New Year's resolution.................finish something we have started
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Something, please!

I have made one soft book, table runner and two fleece blankets before Christmas. I still need to make another table runner and one more fleece blanket to make. I'm with the rest of those who have committed to not make any deadlines for projects!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast