Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just pre ordered EQ7 >

I just pre ordered EQ7

I just pre ordered EQ7

Old 05-13-2010, 05:27 AM

Thank you so much for this. I just ordered and glad I waited till now I would have paid the same price for EQ6 as I am for the EQ7.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:28 PM

I just spent the last hour searching for my EQ6 user manual so I could make sure I had my license # and password before ordering the upgrade. Unfortunately, I don't know where all my companion disks are (such as angle play), but I am sure I will eventually find them as well. I don't use them as much as I thought I would. I have my DJ and my Blockbase, so I am good. Hope there are a lot of new blocks with the new upgrade.

I did find my book, so I ordered! Yipee!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:35 AM

YIPPEE!!!!

My EQ7 just arrived. Shipped to my work, so I will have to wait until I get home to play.

Patti
Old 06-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

I got mine last week and finally loaded it today. Looks very user friendly and I've already put one of the IRR quilt tops on it to play with.

I'm wondering....I read in the book that it isn't "legal" to sell your older versions...like EQ5. When I loaded the EQ7 though, it said on the terms and conditions that you could sell it-if you notify EQ and unregister your copy and forward ALL of the CD's, manuals, etc. that came with the copy...so what do ya'll think and are you planning to sell your older versions? I know I can't sell EQ6 because I just bought the 7 Upgrade..but I DO have EQ5.. Just wondering.... :?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:58 PM

I have Eq 5 and it works wonderful. I have designed in it and everything. I also have eq 4 and it also works good. I guess it's what you want to do in these programs. Both 4 and 5 are the complete programs and you don't have the activation deal and I love that as I change computers and sometimes I reformat etc.

I emailed about eq7, I wouldn't want any upgrades. I would want EQ7 by itself. EQ7 is 150.00 if you have eq 5...I wouldn't mind letting go of 4 and 5. they both have all the books etc. I wonder if there is a great differece between them. I guess if you are just beginning, 4 and 5 would be just as good.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Well..the EQ7 Upgrade and the "complete" EQ7 are exactly the same thing...or so they say. The only difference is the price and the fact that with the Upgrade, you need to enter your EQ6 ID and password to be able to activate EQ7. You don't have to have it installed though. THe limited # of activations went away with EQ7..so thats not an issue either.

Really...I was just wondering what you guys are doing with your older versions....selling? Keeping??
Old 06-14-2010, 05:18 PM

I wouldn't mind selling my EQ 4 and 5....doesn't make sense to hang on to them if I'm going for the 7...
Old 06-14-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well..the EQ7 Upgrade and the "complete" EQ7 are exactly the same thing...or so they say. The only difference is the price and the fact that with the Upgrade, you need to enter your EQ6 ID and password to be able to activate EQ7. You don't have to have it installed though. THe limited # of activations went away with EQ7..so thats not an issue either.

Really...I was just wondering what you guys are doing with your older versions....selling? Keeping??
I have an email to their tech dept. to find out if there is anyway I can import the fabric and block libraries from both my EQ5 and EQ6, (not link them but import) I would like to uninstall both EQ5 and 6, but want to keep the libraries to use with EQ7. If I can't I will keep all three programs installed, which I hate to do, because they take up a lot of memory.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

Thats a really good question...please let us know what they say. My plan "was" to import and then "save" any earlier quilts that I wanted to have on EQ7, then to "uninstall" both 5 & 6...because you are right, they DO take a LOT of memory!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Thats a really good question...please let us know what they say. My plan "was" to import and then "save" any earlier quilts that I wanted to have on EQ7, then to "uninstall" both 5 & 6...because you are right, they DO take a LOT of memory!
This is the answer I received yesterday.

Dear Gay,

All of the copyright-free blocks from EQ5 and EQ6 are in EQ7, as well as
an additional 500 or so new blocks. There were about 160 blocks that
were copyrighted in EQ6.

The fabric libraries in EQ7 are completely new, as fabrics quickly go
out of print from manufacturers. If you would like to keep the fabric
libraries, go to C:\Program Files\Electric Quilt Company\EQ6\lib and
copy all of the files that end in .fab to (My) Documents > My EQ6 >
User. Do the same for EQ5. Then, in Eq7, follow the steps on pages 54-55
of your user manual to link both of the User folders with EQ7.

That should do it and then you can uninstall both EQ5 and EQ6.

Best Wishes,
Sara