Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I love EQ!!!

Blog Entries
    I can see why quilt designers have had to change their marketing methods. It's so easy to draw a pattern using this software. And make it any size I want, see how it looks using different fabrics, and print out the pattern instantly. It almost seems this software should be illegal. I only know the basics of the program but that is all I need. I can only imagine how detailed I can be if I learned how to use all the features. :D

I could spend hours playing with my EQ5. I sometimes have to remind myself that there are quilts in my sewing room waiting to be done.....

Blog Entries
    Isn't it awesome??? :D :D :D I am sooooo glad that it is NOT illegal LOL
    I know that you will spend many enjoyable hours creating awesome quilts with this program 8) 8) 8)

I DO spend hours and hours playing on mine Boston1954 :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol:

I absolutely need to get EQ this winter! Can't wait to have fun! :-)

Blog Entries
    Me too, Rilene!! That is sooo on my Wish List!
    Sounds like you're having lots of fun, BellaBoo!
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by rilene
    I absolutely need to get EQ this winter! Can't wait to have fun! :-)
    Same here. I am hoping that Santa will leave it under the Christmas Tree this year.

Blog Entries
    Every quilt pattern I see I can redraw it in EQ. It has paid for itself. If I buy a pattern I can resize the blocks to make any size quilt I want. I can change a block to make it one of a kind and EQ will show me the size to cut the block shapes. The amount of fabric yardage it shows I need for one quilt seems to be much more than I need though. I don't go by EQ calculations for yardage.

I love it too! I have made quilts that I decided I wanted a more fun border on; well, if it weren't for EQ I would never had figured out the math to make the border blocks! And when the math is really complicated, you can print out the foundation paper piecing and not even have to worry about it!!!!!

I'm with ya'll, I love mine too!

I bought EQ6 this summer. My husband was in the hospital for 9 weeks & I spent a lot of time learning EQ.
    Unfortunately he passed away in Aug & I haven't gotten back to it since. I think it will have to wait till the first of the year.
    Jo

I'm so sorry about your husband.

littlehud,
    Thank you. He was sick for a long time, 15+ years, and though he was only 54 he struggled a long time & was in a pain all the time so I can't wish him back to that.
    Jo

I started with EQ5 and had fun with that. Then when EQ6 came out I upgraded and it is even more awesome. Easier to use. You can design your own blocks. It is awesome.

I am so sorry about your DH joannl.

Blog Entries
    You've all convinced me that I have to get this program. Sometimes I think I have more fun drawing up designs than actually sewing them. But I can see that it would also be very useful. :wink:

Blog Entries
    If you need a bunch of excuses why you absolutely need this programme, check out Ducky's PDA - we supplied her with enough to wear down her DH, and now it's on its way!!!!!

anyone out there know where to buy eq at the lowest price possible? i've been itching to buy! also, how computer literate do you need to be? is it available for mac as well as windows?
    thanx!

www.annthegran.com has it on sale for 129.99 until Nov 17th. I posted it earlier this week. I don't know if you saw that or not.

http://www.annthegran.com/Product.aspx?t=1&i=102

so is this a computer program and how much is it?

I must confess....I have EQ6 but I am finishing a quilt I designed on the fly!! I have had several problems because of it, too. Because I haven't used EQ6 too much, I've mainly just played around with it, when it came time to do this quilt, I didn't want to start from square one remembering how to use EQ6, so I did it using the math. My quilt is a medallion quilt with a large star in the middle then several borders around it, I've never gotten that far in EQ6 to know how to do that. Nor have I gotten to the point of cutting instructions or fabric requirements. I guess I am a little intimidated by it. I really need to figure it out because I almost always want to change a pattern to make it "mine"...and that can be exausting with my aging brain!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks to people here, I bought EQ6 not too long ago and love it as well. The first few days were spent carefully going through the tutorials, but now I need to go back through them as I can't seem to print an entire quilt pattern, just block parts! Fun, fun, fun, though, playing with colours, patterns and borders. Computer geek here :roll:

Blog Entries
    I love my EQ5 and couldn't live without it anymore!! I sell my stuff and I have over 2000 designs on mine. When I see an idea I want to remember I sit down with my EQ and work it up on there real quickly so I won't lose the idea.
    My favorite thing is being able to scan in my own fabrics. I can use that to plan what fabrics I want to use. I don't do big quilts tho I do small gift items but I have the most fun with the "What if" question and my EQ. What if I turn this this way or what if I try this color here and a differant one there. What if is my favorite question.

I got it for Christmas last year from my dh, and spent a lot of time going through the tutorials. Designed a few quilts and am currently working on a quilt for my dh that I designed with it. I imported Moda's fabric lines that I love and it's so cool watching this quilt come together and actually look like I imagined (and designed) it. I've been away from playing with my EQ6 now, and I'm finding I've forgotten a bunch. Now I have to go through the tutes again. Ah well...

What is this EQ u speak of? Are there different ones or just one? and if you have a pattern. do u scan it into your computer

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Every quilt pattern I see I can redraw it in EQ. It has paid for itself. If I buy a pattern I can resize the blocks to make any size quilt I want. I can change a block to make it one of a kind and EQ will show me the size to cut the block shapes. The amount of fabric yardage it shows I need for one quilt seems to be much more than I need though. I don't go by EQ calculations for yardage.
    You need to give me lessons...I have EQ6 and it is just sitting here :( Haven't figured it out yet!

Blog Entries
    EQ is Electic Quilt software for your computer. It has features that let you design your own quilts. There are lots of features that I haven't used. Each year the company comes out with an updated version. I have EQ5 which I got a couple of years ago and EQ6 came out earlier this year I believe. If I am wrong someone will correct that I'm sure.

I use mine to design lots of quilt blocks and others design borders and you can scan in your own fabrics or use the ones they provide. You can choose several layouts for quilts and can practice and decide which look you like. It isn't real cheap but it is worth it if you do alot of designing in your quilting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast