Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I love EQ6 >

I love EQ6

I love EQ6

Old 01-10-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
i have to agree. just got it as my "merry christmas to me". there i was working away on eq around 11am on saturday; suddenly looked up and it was 1:55pm already and i wasn't even dressed yet. i was due at my friends house at 2pm. luckily she has eq too and understood. sure is lots to learn. good luck and have fun.
Yep hit the hay last night at 1:30. Back up at 5:30, played on eq, and here, sewed and back to eq. Your so lucky to have someone to share your interest and fun.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by katsewnsew
Don't feel bad, I have EQ4 and didn't mess with it much, either. Maybe today, I will check it out.
Me too, We got snow over the weekend so it would be a good day to stay in my fluffy robe and slippers and just go for it. I did get it loaded to my laptop but that doesn't work unless you open it up and play with it!!!
Its a good thing I dont have a laptop people would find me annoying. I would take it everywhere I go. I hurried to the store today and hurried home so I could hurry and make some bread and get back EQ.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:28 PM

I just got EQ5 for Christmas, looked at it and it looks WAY too complicated. ;-(
Old 01-10-2011, 02:47 PM

I played a bit today with my EQ4. Got 2 chapters done, but I think I have to do them again, this brain is overloaded and I cannot seem to comprehend stuff like I used to. So if I just go over the 2 chapters tomorrow, possibly it all will stick!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
I played a bit today with my EQ4. Got 2 chapters done, but I think I have to do them again, this brain is overloaded and I cannot seem to comprehend stuff like I used to. So if I just go over the 2 chapters tomorrow, possibly it all will stick!
Yep I'm still going back and referring to the book too. Heck I still cant operate the dvd player on the tv. Its all about what you want to learn and comprehend. If I can learn to work on my truck I can learn this program(with time).
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Ordered it a week or so ago, I was expecting it in the mail, started into town to do some shopping and passed the mail lady, turned my truck around and waited for her. Havent had milk in the house for 2 days. Anyway, Ive played with it and did some lessons and designed a quilt for my mom. Tomarrow after I run to town and get some milk I'm gonna start printing out the pattern. I know theres still alot to learn with it, and I'm up for the challenge. I played around a little with the drawing and it seems a little tricky. EQ program may get me away from this board...LOL...not likely. Should've bought this years ago.
I agree--it is great fun--and a "black hole" of time gone! I used EQ6 and now have 7. I admit I have gone back to 6 when I am in a hurry and don't want to figure out a new way to do a block--but have been getting more comfortable with 7 for a few months now. Like everything else--you just have to practice and not be in a hurry to have something done immediately!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Power Poster

I've had EQ7 for about 6 months and love it. I get an idea in my head and go to EQ to help visualize it. Sometimes I change the idea on EQ--sometimes I follow through and sometimes I change the quilt after I've started sewing as in this simple checkerboard I posted

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-88022-1.htm