Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it

Blog Entries

I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it

What a delilma, I do love this fabric I have had it for quite a few years, still i'm afraid i'll cut it wrong and
    mess it up. I just so much want perfection when its nearly impossible for me to achieve. I cant think of how many times I have pulled it out and looked pondered and put it back
    do you feel that way about your fabrics or do you just go for it.

Happy Quilting, Sandra
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Warm Regards,
    Sandra

I love the pattern you have chosen to make with it, big enough squares to really show off your fabric x

Yes, I have the same problem. I have two pieces--one is paisley and one is just a lot of green leaves. Can't decide what to do with them.

What beautiful fabric. Go for it. Then you can look at it everyday when you use your quilt.

Quilting is my therapy

I agree, go for it, that pattern looks perfect for your fabric.

Blog Entries
    I say "go for it!" I've got some special fabric calling me for my next project too.
    Wendy

The fabric is beautiful and the pattern is too. The pattern is pretty simple and I don't see a lot of opportunities for you to "mess up". I think you'll enjoy the fabric that much more when you can wrap yourself in your beautiful quilt.

Yes, but at some point you just give up and go for it. That pattern and those fabrics will be just too gorgeous to NOT get together! Quit waiting!!
    Shirley in Arizona

Blog Entries
    My problem is I usually only buy fabrics I love so if I didn't cut into them I'd never have a quilt made. I realized there is always more beautiful fabric to buy so why not make room for more.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous fabrics! I would read through all the pattern directions to make sure I understood everything before I started cutting. Then I would slowly take one step at a time and create my beautiful quilt. You can do it!

Blog Entries
    Just think, when you make the quilt, you'll be able to look at the fabric every day. lol
    Veronica

love the paisley

I know very much what you mean, I have many pieces of fabric I've had more than 10 years and still can't make myself cut into it. I know the thought behind my hesitation is that once it's cut you'll find something better to use it in So I have many uncut pieces sitting around waiting
    Quilters have the best sense of humor, we keep everyone in stitches

beautiful fabric.I have many pcs-too pretty to cut-so they are still there on the shelf to fondle as needed
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

I have fabric that I don't want to cut. Waiting for the 'right' pattern to make something with it. Ok, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

I have a room full of fabric that I just hate to cut into, so I completely understand. I often buy fabric that I can cut up because it pains me to cut into fabric in my stash. The fabric you have is lovely, but I am sure the quilt will be too. Good luck and post pictures when it is put together!
    MistyMarie

I'm with you... If I really, really love the fabric, I have a hard time cutting it. I am doing a scrappy project and every now and then I will come across a small piece of one of those beloved fabrics. I get to love them all over again.

There's a book called Can't cut this which has some great patterns too.
    Linda

I love sewing my favorite fabrics, so have to cut them up. I tend to run the machine a little slower and pet the fabric a lot while sewing. Also I iron more, the quilts made with the fabrics I love the most tend to come out a lot better! LOL. Sometimes I do have to run and buy more for my stash for next time!

that is really pretty fabric. i can see why you don't wish to cut it. i don't want to cut my angel fabric.

I love those fabrics. I think I may even have the paisley but in a different colorway. If I don't, I should! I'm with you. Some fabrics just seem to pretty to risk, don't they? But you must use them. If you don't, it's very likely your tastes will change and you might fall out of love with them. Horrors! To take the pressure off yourself, why not just send them to me?!

It will remain beautiful when made into a quilt and you will be able to enjoy it while it is out all the time..

I have the same problem with my cat fabrics - just love them so much that they sit in a drawer until I figure out ways to maximize the use of the fabric.

I look at it this way...I often buy fabrics because I love them, but I find my tastes change as years go by and a few years down the road I don't love the fabric as much as I did when I bought it and then don't feel like using it. So now I try to use it as soon as I can. If you make it into a quilt you will get to admire it alot more often than you can admire those uncut pieces of fabric in your stash.

That pattern will be perfect for those fabrics. And don't strive for perfection, strive for excellence. Perfection is impossible to achieve. I hope we soon see some pics of your finished quilt!
    I'VE GOTTA BE ME
    (everybody else was taken)

My quilt albums.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/jg212

Blog Entries
    another good pattern is the BQ one with 12 inch focus fabrics made into blocks with strips. mapleislandquilts has the pattern.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast