Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I love my new pins!

Talking I love my new pins!

I got new pins today - the Clover patchwork pins fine. They're 0.4 mm in diameter, instead of the 0.5 mm of the pins I was using before. You wouldn't think it would make such a difference, but it really does! My pinning is much more accurate, there's much less 'pull' on my fabric, and my sewing accuracy is improved by this. So happy I decided to listen to the advice I got about this!

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
    I got new pins today - the Clover patchwork pins fine. They're 0.4 mm in diameter, instead of the 0.5 mm of the pins I was using before. You wouldn't think it would make such a difference, but it really does! My pinning is much more accurate, there's much less 'pull' on my fabric, and my sewing accuracy is improved by this. So happy I decided to listen to the advice I got about this!
    I'm with you! I use the Clover patchwork pins, and also the longer ones for when I sew on fleece. Clover products are hard to beat.

Thank you for the info!!!!!

Are these the ones with the flat "flower" head?

Pins are too inexpensive not to use the best. The flower head pins are thicker then I like to use but are useful in some pinning situations.

I have two of the magnetic pin trays, red and yellow. The red one has a family of "big 'uns" that I use on my working wall, or grouping 10 blocks together at a time so I can tell at a glance how far I've come or still need to go.

the yellow one has long fine pins in for patchwork, with glass heads so I can iron over them without getting a plastic gob

Blog Entries
    More knowledge gleaned from you gals; thank's.
    Mavis

Blog Entries
    I decided to go and try these pins per your comment. They are coming in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    Are these the ones with the flat "flower" head?
    No, they have a glass head, a bulb (did that make sense?). They're usually yellow heads, but mine have either a yellow or a blue head - don't know if that's new or if people who describe them just forget to mention they're also blue... On pictures you usually only see the yellow ones.

Blog Entries
    those sound great. i use silk pins because they are so thin and have glass heads. sometimes, though, i need a longer one.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I totally agree about the pins making a big difference while pinning patchwork. I started out with the serger pins when they first came out and have graduated to these pins for the glass heads. Love the control you get with them.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for posting this. I have been trying to find replacements for my 0.4 pins, but could only find 0.5 That little bit makes such a difference (for me anyway!) Now I know exactly what to search for.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I thought I had ordered these but when they came they said "quilting pin" and are .5mm. Where did you find them? Is there an online source as I don't have a source for good quilting supplies in my area.

Will check this out, thanks

Oh I will have to check these out at JoAnns this morning while I am there
    Amythyst

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaSewNSew View Post
    I thought I had ordered these but when they came they said "quilting pin" and are .5mm. Where did you find them? Is there an online source as I don't have a source for good quilting supplies in my area.
    Clover's quilting pins are not the same as their patchwork pins, although both come in "fine." I know amazon.com has the ones you're looking for. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Clover-Patchwo...patchwork+pins

It's not where I bought them (I live in the Netherlands), but even if you don't order them from Amazon, at least you'll know what you're looking for.

I so agree - these are the only ones I use!!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

i use the clover flower head pins extrea fine. they are blue with lighter blue on other side. Carol Doak suggested these for paper piecing. I have used them ever since. I have used the ones with yellow and blue glass head pins too but like the flower head ones better

I just really like the clover products, they have the best seam ripper ever in my HO. Will have to get me some of these pins. I am sure they be will great.

Thank you so much J. M. !
    Clover's quilting pins are not the same as their patchwork pins, although both come in "fine." I know amazon.com has the ones you're looking for. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Clover-Patchwo...patchwork+pins

It's not where I bought them (I live in the Netherlands), but even if you don't order them from Amazon, at least you'll know what you're looking for.

The clover pins come in 2 lengths. They are so fine, you'll feel like those flower head pins and all others are like SPEARS after you use them. I can't imagine using anything else now. Mine have the blue and the yellow glass heads....LOVE THEM!

I love clover pins too! Happy Quilting!
    Love 4 stchen

Blog Entries
    I find pins I use become blunt very quickly . Can you sharpen them as I am always buying new.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I never used to pay much attention to pins... but a fine pin really makes a big differnce. Once in awhile I will pick up one of the old pins .. and it feels like driving nails through my fabric.

I purchased 2 100 packs of these for my Omigosh quilt last fall since I would be working with such tiny, tiny pieces. They are wonderful and I won't be using my other pins again. These pins are so sharp and fine that I find my finger pinned to my block many times without even knowing it (and it doesn't even hurt).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast