Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Love Quilts

Banned
    Blog Entries
    know people who haven't even done that much and they call themselves "quilter's". when what they really are is simply fabric collector's!

Welcome to the addiction. You will constantly amaze yourself with your accomplishments. And it keeps you off the streets and out of the pubs!!!

Oh men, they think they know everything. If you aren't a quilter, then what does he say you are? HaHa. My dh is clueless except for the living room and dining room overtaken by fabric. You quilt on, quilter!!! I am not all that far from you, I am in Davidsville, near Somerset, I go to Pittsburgh regularly.

Oh honey, you are a quilter! This thread was good for me to read. I've been quilting for about 9 years now. For the longest time I hesitated to call myself a quilter. I guess I didn't think I had earned that title, or was good enough. But I've been obsessed with quilting since my first class. I may not be a good one, but I am a quilter.

I was call in spirit to be a quilter, in was in my heart, i got desire of my heart , praise thee!!!! life gave me lemon but God gave me quilting i got lemonad
    #They Call Me QuickStitch!!

I think husby can't qualify as a "judge" as to who is a quilter or not since he's not involved in the process. No offense, but I think that's pretty tacky of him to denounce your status as a quilter!

In my humble opinion once the quilting sickness has bitten you you're a quilter - PERIOD.
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

Quote Originally Posted by lsb142 View Post
    I'm a new quilter and have only pieced two tops and quilted one. My DH says this doesn't make me a quilter.

I love the fabrics, tools, sewing machines, books, patterns, videos. I think I'm addicted to quilting without really making quilts. ;-)

Linda
    This is so funny to me since I have a new sewing buddy who I'm teaching. She usually "shops" from my stash but now that she's acquiring scraps she's now calling her "stash". I have to laugh at her & tell her now she's a true quilter when she has a "stash".

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    Sounds like you have all the symptoms to me.

Of course you're a quilter. Don't let him tell you otherwise. MEN.......

Just tell your DH that you want to be a quilter and to do that not only must you make quilts, you must obtain the most high-tech sewing machine around and spend $500 a month in buying fabric. He might relent and say, "No you made a quilt and that's all it takes to be a quilter". Otherwise, take him shopping for new gadgets and fabric!
    Emily

A fugitive from the Quilt Police

Pish Posh!! Tell that hubby of yours to zip it!! In a nice way of course! You ARE a quilter!! The minute that you ran your hands over fabric and felt all fuzzy and warm, you were a quilter!! Way to go!!
    Mom to 2 Future Stitchers....Wife to One Great Hubby!
    "Once A Phi Sigma Sigma, Always A Phi Sigma Sigma!"

Quote Originally Posted by lsb142 View Post
    I think I'm addicted to quilting without really making quilts. ;-)

Linda
    Lol... That's exactly how I felt when I began. But I think it does make you a quilter.

Does HE have a hobby? How long did it take for him to become proficient? After his first "whatever" he was probably as addicted as you are. Raspberries to the self-proclaimed judge.

Honey....I have been a quilter since I was 5 years old, playing with my dolls underneath my great-grandma's quilting frame that hung from the garage ceiling at my great-aunt's as 4 beautiful and skillful ladies chatted and stitched the day away....My love started early...the addiction came later when I started "rescuing" quilts from garage sales and thrift stores and people's trash piles and restoring them....now I restore and make my own quilts...I have a room in the upstairs of my house that is only for quilting....NO HUBBY, NO KIDS, NO PETS....just me and my addiction. So in an essence...you don't have to justify your "being, or not being" a quilter to anyone, including your hubby, as mine doesn't understand it either....but he does foot the fabric bill most of the time...lol...Quilting is in your heart =)
    Needles, Sticks, String and Yarn make me happy =)

I would tell DH to take a flying leap into Lake Dingbat, to quote Archie Bunker. ;-)

yes you are... you already quilted a couple. everyone has to start . hope you stick to it sounds like you enjoy it and thats what matters, huh? good luck in you quilting ventures.

Linda,
    Don't listen to him! You are a quilter!!
    Sharon W.

You ARE a quilter!!
    Mary

It takes a quilter to know a quilter. Your DH is obviously not a quilter!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Welcome to a fellow quilter from Port Charlotte, Fl. Happy quilting. Sue

Blog Entries
    You're a quilter and you are hooked.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the group. It's official you're a quilter. If hubby doesn't think so have him try to make one and see what he thinks once he's done. I bet he too will be a quilter then.

Congratulations on your newest addiction. You are definitely a quilter. Yeah for you!!!
    Jo

Your DH is wrong. You became a quilter when you pieced your first top. The second one makes you an 'experienced' quilter. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast