Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
i made a mistake. >

i made a mistake.

i made a mistake.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:43 PM

You do some beautiful work. I'm sorry, I don't have any advice to give.
Rodney
Old 12-01-2013, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by stillclock View Post
i knew before i posted it that there was no fix it if i wasn't willing to pull out 5 or 6 hours worth of work.

sometimes i come here for the assurance of others who have made mistakes. and while i know sometimes we fix them at great expense in time or tears, i also know that sometimes our vicious self-criticism can be soothed by others who know it is to make something less than perfect and live with it.

thanks for your thoughts. here's the error - in the end and once it's all done, any one who notices will notice. and then appreciate the hundreds of hours of work that went into simply finishing it.

and i would be sad if people stopped posting their mistakes and stopped sharing their vulnerabilities. it would make this community a whole lot colder if we did that.

aileen

pea ess: the cable's incomplete, but i wanted to post the picture and i have to get busy in the kitchen....
Aileen, I agree with you 100%. Sometimes we all just would like a little reassurance and empathy. We don't always need terse instructions and that is obvious from the wording of the posts. You are right that this would be a colder board if people can't look for a little support. Most of us are of the "been there, done that" type and know how you feel. I also think that your grandmother will be so happy that you made a quilt for her that she won't notice any imperfections or care if she does.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

I *might* notice it from the back, but certainly not from the front. And I'm very impressed by your tiny hand stitches. Lovely!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:55 PM

Aileen, from your description I was expecting a jumbled mess in your corner. It's not!!! From the front it's barely noticeable. It's a little more obvious on the back, but not to the extent I thought it would be. Don't you dare take any of your stitching out! It's fine and you need to get this quilt to your grandmother. I guarantee she will love it!!!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:02 PM

Aunt Lusch used to say, "twill never be noticed on a gallopin' goose!"
'
Old 12-01-2013, 04:06 PM

Is this a lap quilt? If so can you just cut it and make the quilt smaller?
Old 12-01-2013, 04:08 PM

no. it's a queen with a full allowance for a pillow tuck.

aileen
Old 12-01-2013, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by stillclock View Post
i knew before i posted it that there was no fix it if i wasn't willing to pull out 5 or 6 hours worth of work.

sometimes i come here for the assurance of others who have made mistakes. and while i know sometimes we fix them at great expense in time or tears, i also know that sometimes our vicious self-criticism can be soothed by others who know it is to make something less than perfect and live with it.

thanks for your thoughts. here's the error - in the end and once it's all done, any one who notices will notice. and then appreciate the hundreds of hours of work that went into simply finishing it.

and i would be sad if people stopped posting their mistakes and stopped sharing their vulnerabilities. it would make this community a whole lot colder if we did that.

aileen

pea ess: the cable's incomplete, but i wanted to post the picture and i have to get busy in the kitchen....
If you had posted the picture or gone into more detail, in the first post, some of us would no doubt have been more supportive. My initial 'non-supportive' feedback was in response to your original post, along with the statement that you consider yourself a perfectionist. I apologize for giving my honest opinion, based upon the given info.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:47 PM

In my opinion, your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I don't see any mistakes, I see the blood, the sweat and the tears that went into every loving stitch. If boo boos weren't meant to be made we would all be perfect in our craft. I for one never try to be perfect as that would make me insane and I would never get anything done. Unless you mention it no one will notice, and if they do just say it was a design element to make it imperfect.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:54 PM

It is beautiful. If I were lucky enough to have a grand daughter and she made this beauty for ME.....I would so treasure it!!!