Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I miss my fabric!!! >

I miss my fabric!!!

I miss my fabric!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 06:02 PM

I live about 20 miles from where you visited your daughter in Billings, MT!!! Small world!

Originally Posted by sylviak
Hi Mimicrystal! I live about 25 mi north of you in Oklahoma!

We went on a vacation the end of March to see our daughter in Colorado and then rented a car and drove across eastern Wyoming to see our DGD who attends Montana State in Billings. I didn't bring anything either, and eastern Wyoming that time of year is desolate! And all I could think about was "Why didn't I bring some handwork"! THEN, we stopped for gas in Buffalo, WY, which has under 4000 pop. It was a beautiful little town with well-kept shops along the main street. Then I saw it....a quilt shop! We bought gas and then parked downtown and DH sat in the car and read a book while I spent some time "feeling the fabric" and looking at the notions! I bought a little double heart template to use on the border of a baby quilt I was in the process of putting together. It was just the fix I needed! I'm quilting it now. New granddaughter due mid-August!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by kacy 49
Hi. We are getting ready to go on vacation to Chicago and I have already started looking for the quilt stores. By the was I live in Kingston, Ok just across Texoma from you.
Oh how cool that you live just a few miles from me.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Went through that a few weeks ago on our trip to CO. Had DH take me to a Joann Fabrics and bought the Clover yo-yo forms in the large and extra-large sizes and some colorful FQ's and started working on this just for fun.

http://www.indygojunctioninc.com/sto...roducts_id=813
Old 06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Dee

Go to a fabric shop and do the touchie feel theraphy.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by mimicrystal
Hi sylviak. Where do you live? That quilt is beautiful. Congratulations on the baby. We are visiting my husbands 3 daughters. And one is expecting, due in September. I will be making her a quilt. Sounds like your trip was wonderful. Good talking to you.
I live out in the country just south of Kemp. My DH preaches for church of Christ both in Kemp and Liberty. We also raise cattle. I worked in the lab at WNJ for 20yrs, but retired in Nov. of 2009. If you caught the post about the quilting shed, that's me!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak
Originally Posted by mimicrystal
Hi sylviak. Where do you live? That quilt is beautiful. Congratulations on the baby. We are visiting my husbands 3 daughters. And one is expecting, due in September. I will be making her a quilt. Sounds like your trip was wonderful. Good talking to you.
I live out in the country just south of Kemp. My DH preaches for church of Christ both in Kemp and Liberty. We also raise cattle. I worked in the lab at WNJ for 20yrs, but retired in Nov. of 2009. If you caught the post about the quilting shed, that's me!
Oh wow we might know each other. I grew up in Yuba. My maiden name is Crystal Grace. I live in Sherman now. It's a small world. Oh my DH is a Director at WNJ. David Turner
Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 PM

Mimi - I PM'd you.