Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I ned a new house! >

I ned a new house!

I ned a new house!

Old 03-01-2023, 02:56 PM

Beds on stilts.
LOTS of room under there!

edit: just watch your head if you sit up in bed...
Old 03-05-2023, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

This is such a funny thread (depending on how you look at it lol).
Years ago we had our first kitchen expanded. My Dad told me that all the extra cabinets would just store a lot more stuff we didn't need. Of course he was right for the most part.
I've decided that quilting is a very expensive hobby and takes up a lot of space but I'd be in a rubber room w/o it !
Old 03-05-2023, 03:36 PM

We downsized a bit when we moved 6 years ago. I had a wonderful big sewing room at the top of the house with great natural light. My sewing room is now in the basement and it is probably as big as my old one but colder, darker, and fuller--although I have also been on a fabric moratorium. That doesn't stop friends from handing me their scraps because the know I love scraps and am happiest when I am working on a scrappy project--usually for donation.

A few months ago, a senior guild member who was moving into a condo, took my hands and asked if I would be so kind as to take her scraps. I agreed, thinking it would be a bag--nope--3 large bags plus a box of vintage scraps. Oh well, I have been wanting to make a Lori Holt quilt and those vintage scraps would be perfect....Sigh
Old 03-06-2023, 04:46 AM

GingerK -- I suspect you are the scrap whisperer.
Old 03-06-2023, 04:58 AM

My mantra is, "I'm never moving!" We built our home 3 years ago, according to my design. It was a field of cows, no landscaping. We keep slowly upgrading and planting. Enclosing the garage for my workroom was the best! We purchased a used storage container for the garage stuff and animal feed. So, you don't need a new house, just a storage container!
Old 03-06-2023, 07:09 AM

my family and friends keeping telling me I need more totes and more shelves to put my stuff on. Nope, I am sticking firm. I just need to empty more of the totes and shelves I already have, then and only then, will I have more storage space. Tee Hee. I live in my family home. It used to be neater and more open space when there was 6 of us living there. who knew this house was too small for a quilter and one small dog!