Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need Help :o >

I need Help :o

I need Help :o

Old 06-09-2010, 04:05 PM

So, you never told me what you did with the old shirts, what were you covering up? The quilt turned out wonderful, you're a good designer, art quilts are not one of my specialties. But, it seems to be your niche. I believe so, especially after seeing Gaigai's quilt. And you do it so fast.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:29 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by OLDNTATTED
The finished size is 74" X 86"

Originally Posted by annette1952
I absolutely love your quilt! Wow!! What is the finished size? Are you going to enter it into any quilt contests or shows? It is just beautiful! Now whats next on your agenda? Keep us all posted
Ray, first thanks for letting me know that you finished the quilt. OK now everyone after your last picture used up all the synonims (ok, so I can't spell either). I agree with them all. DSB and Eddie said what I wanted to, it is spectacular, a real work of art. Like dsb also said you combined both your talents into one beautiful work of art.
I agree with Eddie you should enter it in a show, it would win!!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:57 PM

Here is the answer to your pm. Your quilt turned out wonderful. I have judge many quilts and this certainly would get a ribbon from me. Stitching is great, corners are square, and sides are straight. Judges look for that. Very creative and original is another thing they look for. Now the only thing I and the judges would probably comment on is the white border. They would have probably of like to see last border to be black. That would have really pop you quilt. Now don't get me wrong it is an awesome quilt. Executed wonderfully. Excellently done, detail outstanding with the blossoms popping out. so original. Hope it was all right to give you my opinion on border and please don't be upset with me. I am not dissing your quilt just letting you know what judges look for in entries. Great job. I can't wait to see the next one. Keep up the great work. When I'm in Phoenix visiting my son we should meet up.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM

Your quilt is absolutely outstanding. I especially love the flower branch and the Kanji squares. Eye catching but still subtle enough not to distract from the dragon. Excellent additions. Looking forward to your next adventure.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 PM

WOW!!!! Simply amazing!!! I know that my son would fall in love with it immediately....all the red, black and white :D Please continue to show us your future work

Thank you for letting me know to come back and look again :D
Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 PM

Awesome quilt and piece of art. You are definitely gifted in how you see things and go for it. it has inspired me to let the artist part of me expand on my quilts. Thank you! I am looking forward to your next gift you will share with us.
My Blessings and prayers to the family of your fallen police officer and Blessings to you and yours
Old 06-10-2010, 06:44 AM

I would like to take this time to thank you all
that have been with me on this,
My first journey into the world of art quilts.
I read all comments for the helpful ideas I glean from all of the great minds on this quilt board. No comment is ever taken in a bad light, only to enhance my experience, and knowelge in this wonderful time of my learning a new art form.

Ray..

P.S. I used the 12" t-shirt squares to make the checkerboard cover for the back. So as to give the back side a more cleaner look. Keeps all of my quilting secrets undercover, man...

Klean and comfie I have all of the Harly fronts???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82895[/ATTACH]

Next one will be with a blue jeans piece
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82896[/ATTACH]

I am seeing just over the ridge, My next Idea.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82897[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82890.jpe   attachment-82891.jpe   attachment-82892.jpe  
Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Banned

Wow, Ray, it looks better and better every time I look at it! You definitely need to enter that in a show, it is gorgeous! You are obviously a wildly creative person, and I am absolutely blown away by your talent! I know when I'm outclassed, and no way I can compete with you!

You do know that you've set your own bar VERY high, right? :mrgreen: :shock: :P We can't wait to see what you will come up with next!!!!!

And what are you going to do with this masterpiece? Is it for the bed or wall? I vote wall, in the main room of your house. Or even a gallery!! :P :P
Old 06-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Your quilt is truly spectacular. Really nice - Love It!!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:11 PM

I made it to cover this "ROCK-N-LOVESEAT".
Who thinks it should be displayed in a differant manor?
Let me know...
Should I get it appraised?
Anybody know about this $ subject???

Ray..

I will love it anywhere it is put, Ray..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83282[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83277.jpe