Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need help! >

I need help!

I need help!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:45 AM

Story from Minnesota. V.P. Hubert Humphrey's wife, Muriel, was a needlepointer. She entered her work into the Minnesota State Fair. She always made a mistake in her work, claiming only God was perfect.

Leave it the way it is. Be sure to write it in the book you are writing for your grandchild telling how you came to make the quilt. Make a game out of it. See if the child can find the mistake. Nine chances out of ten, it won't even be found. Cuz, like esqmommy said "It's the love --- not the fabric."

Edie
Old 11-01-2009, 07:52 AM

Consider that an angel block. And smile every time you see it.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I've done this! I was upset for about a minute then just shrugged and said Oh well, this quilt is really me alright. I did learn my lesson though. Now I mark the WOW wrong side by putting a piece of masking tape on each cut piece. :wink:
What a good idea, BellaBoo.

I've done it, too, and have just left it. Nobody sees it and besides it's artistic license to do it "your" way. It makes the quilt truly one of a kind---I wouldn't worry about it. You're probably the only one who can see it!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:40 AM

I am new to quilting and am also a diabetic with some diabetic retinopathy. The best thing for you to do is to enjoy what you do and do everything possible to get your blood sugars under control. If you need some extra support, let me know. It is not easy but I just had my first grandchild, a boy, born in September and I want to be around for him for as long as I can.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:59 AM

I recently made a black & white throw, showed it to many people & just last week when I was straightening it out on the quilt hanger, I saw one of the blacks was in the wrong position. No one had ever noticed, including me. I double checked the whole thing then could not find the error, but I now know it there ....somewhere! leave it like it is, no one will ever notice it. If they do, tell them it was planned....happy quilting..I too like to hand stitch....
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

See? Look at all the "I Spy" quilts that have been made.

Maybe one could turn them into a "game" - first person that finds the "odd" piece will win a prize. And put a time limit on it.

Wonder how many people would never find it?

Old 11-01-2009, 12:50 PM

I discoverd a "flipped" strip in a quilt...after it was all finished. Now even I can't find it...and neither can enyone else!!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:40 PM

remember there are no perfect quilts. your little mistake will only be noticed by you. also remember that you are your own worst critic. no one else will know the difference unless you point it out, that would be your mistake.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:51 PM

I am working on Christmas table runners that have a lot of white on white, and I am being extra careful to make sure I get them right. After reading this thread, I am being a little paranoid, I think. I will not be surprised if I do at least one wrong anyway, but oh well.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:01 PM

Listen to your daughter. It will be a treasured quilt.