Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need Help >

I need Help

I need Help

Old 01-14-2011, 08:17 AM

I am looking for a pattern for slipper socks made of fleece. Can anyone help me? :-)
Old 01-14-2011, 08:20 AM

I don't have it and don't know where to get it but one of the regular pattern makers, Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick, has a pattern for moccasins and I can't see that the socks and the high top moccasins would be that much different. You'd probably just not have the overlapping flap and tie. You might try one of those, they might even have the actual sock pattern.

I left the board for a few minutes and found a free one online

http://www.uen.org/Lessonplan/preview.cgi?LPid=12356

try this one, I'm going to. I found that they don't print out the right size. The first time it was supposed to be the Large and printed out to be about 5 or 6 inches long. I resized the printing area and got closer but still not big enough. Perhaps it's close enough to wing it though, I'm gonna try.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I don't have it and don't know where to get it but one of the regular pattern makers, Simplicity, McCalls, Butterick, has a pattern for moccasins and I can't see that the socks and the high top moccasins would be that much different. You'd probably just not have the overlapping flap and tie. You might try one of those, they might even have the actual sock pattern.
Thank you, I love this quilting forum. Everyone is so nice. I can't seem to get nothing done for being on here. lol :D
Old 01-14-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready

I left the board for a few minutes and found a free one online

http://www.uen.org/Lessonplan/preview.cgi?LPid=12356

try this one, I'm going to.
Thank you so much. This was exactly what I wanted.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:45 AM

There is also one at www.p2designs.com. Look for Frog Slippers. This site has a lot of patterns for charity sewing etc.

mltquilt
Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mltquilt
There is also one at www.p2designs.com. Look for Frog Slippers. This site has a lot of patterns for charity sewing etc.

mltquilt
Thank you, all of you are so wonderful. Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Okay, I've read the directions from the link I gave you and I don't like them at all. First of all, I'm going to enlarge the folded piece so that I have at least 3/4" extra on the top and the back, then I'll sew some suede pieces on the sole piece then I'll lay the piece cut on the fold out flat and determine exactly where I want my sole piece attached and do that. Then I'm goind to fold that in half and sew a 3/4" seam down the front and the back. Then I'm going to fringe it. Maybe add length to the ankle part, turn it down and do the same.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:17 PM

Thank you for the question and the answer! I have lots of fleece that I can use to make some of these!