Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Need to Name a Quilt >

I Need to Name a Quilt

I Need to Name a Quilt

Old 02-23-2011, 08:07 PM

How about naming it in Italian...so romantic... you did want something a little romantic...

Cielo... is sky
Notte... is night
stelle... is stars
luna is moon...
per sempre...forever
infiniti...infiinite

I like Cielo di notte...Night sky...or just Cielo...because cielo also refers to "Heaven"...and that can imply how you feel about your relationship...
Old 02-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Power Poster

Circles of love across time. Sorry no idea about the night.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by tellabella
How about naming it in Italian...so romantic... you did want something a little romantic...

Cielo... is sky
Notte... is night
stelle... is stars
luna is moon...
per sempre...forever
infiniti...infiinite

I like Cielo di notte...Night sky...or just Cielo...because cielo also refers to "Heaven"...and that can imply how you feel about your relationship...
Oooooh, this piques my interest!! Does Cielo di notte also imply heaven??
Old 02-23-2011, 09:34 PM

How about The Never Ending Circle of Love/Friendship.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Originally Posted by tellabella

Cielo... is sky
Notte... is night
stelle... is stars
luna is moon...
per sempre...forever
infiniti...infiinite

Oooooh, this piques my interest!! Does Cielo di notte also imply heaven??
Yes...the translation of Cielo..is the sky, Heaven, when someone says..grazie al cielo..it translates as thank Heavens...but il cielo di notte can also translate and the evening sky...so you are incorporating Sky/Heaven and Night...all in one....it can refer to your "evenings...that are like "Heaven"..can't get any more romantic than that.....

Let us know what you finally decide, Esq

BTW, I like the quilt in your avatar...what is the pattern...(and I also like the quilt for your fried...)
Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 PM

Hello Tella - thanks for all the info. I really like "il cielo di notte" and I may go with that...heavenly nights, right? That would be perfecto!

My avatar is my Indian Orange Peel that I completed in October, but finally just put the sleeve on and hung. It look like a year to make, and it was a labor of love. I did NOT quilt it, I paid a pro to do it for me. The pattern is in one of Karen Stone's books...she did it in autumn type colors, hence the name Indian Orange Peel. I think I need to re-name this girl - I'm thinking something like "SHUT UP" LOL!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:56 PM

Hello Tella - thanks for all the info. I really like "il cielo di notte" and I may go with that...heavenly nights, right? That would be perfecto!

My avatar is my Indian Orange Peel that I completed in October, but finally just put the sleeve on and hung. It look like a year to make, and it was a labor of love. I did NOT quilt it, I paid a pro to do it for me. The pattern is in one of Karen Stone's books...she did it in autumn type colors, hence the name Indian Orange Peel. I think I need to re-name this girl - I'm thinking something like "SHUT UP" LOL!!!
You know, translation is tricky........Il Cielo di Notte...is more like "Night Sky" or "Heaven" as in a noun, not an adjectives

if you want to say "Heavenly Nights" the literal translation would more accurately be "celeste notti", the word "celeste" ...meaning celestial, or Heavenly

...but in MHO even better is ...Notti(plural) in Cielo....Nights in Heaven...(or Notte (singular) in Cielo, Night in Heaven -or less literally, Heavenly Night(s).....really the best title for what you want to say...

sorry about me going on and on...I was a language major and the translation stuff is so tricky because you can't always translate word for word etc, as you probably know..
Old 02-24-2011, 08:21 PM

Ok, why "SHUT UP"...that cracked me up...you know I want to see your Dear Jane quilt too...I started one about a month ago ...I had started to read all the Dear Jane stuff, and I was finding it so great to follow everyone's progress, and I felt like I was getting to know everyone...then Klue left and it sort of left me hanging...I still plan to read many more posts...there is so much on there...where do you get the time to make all these beauties..you are whipping them out fast...you go girl!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:25 PM

"What goes around, comes around"