Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I need sugestions!

Contact Viking customer service and see if there's someone else nearby that will 'adopt' her as a customer. That's what we did when the dealer I worked for went out of business ... the dealer I went to work for 'adopted' ALL of my customers including the discounts promised by the pervious dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    Well, that was ***** of the personnel at the that Dealership. May they get what they deserve.

My first suggestion would be to hire a tutor that would make house calls.

Then my concerns would be -where would one find someone?
    -
    I tend to agree with bearisgray. I would be leery about posting on Craigslist for someone to come into my mother's home especially since you have to be very careful who you let into your house these days. The idea of the LQS is a very good one. You might want to check with a local quilting quild to see if someone there does that sort of thing. Good luck to you and your mom. Also IBQLTN has a very good idea about contacting Viking to see if they recommend someone.
    Last edited by Ladibug; 11-15-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Perhaps you could contact the local American Sewing Guild. I know the group I belong to has many people who use that machine.

Blog Entries
    We have an embroidery forum here on QB and I'm sure any of the ladies (or gentlemen) would be more than willing to help. There may even be someone who lives near your mum.

Lori S, there is a Pfaff dealer in Buffalo: http://www.totsewing.com/ Pfaff and Viking are 'sister' machines with many common (and some uncommon) features. The software will likely be the same, stabilizers and threads will be the same. You might contact the shop and see how they might receive her in classes with a Viking machine (in our community the Pfaff store is a little more receptive to Vikings than vice versa). As for the weight moving everything, which is an issue and I haven't been sewing for 70 years so I know I'm younger than your mother, get her a little wheeled cart (one that folds up takes up virtually no space) and a supply kit she can keep packed for class (if you're not familiar, the store can help with what she would need). Once she has some success, she'll probably be addicted like many of us! Embroidery Library has nice, inexpensive designs that can be downloaded to her machine so she can have some good results before she tackles digitizing. I wish both of you luck!

Blog Entries
    I would look for someone on this board from the NY area and find out if there is a quilt guild nearby. You might be able to find a guild member who would like to help her for a fee.
    Debbie
    Machine It

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2