Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Procrastinate >

I Procrastinate

I Procrastinate

Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 AM

Default I Procrastinate

I realllly need to un-pick my latest quilting (had machine issuses), my machine is now fixed. Rather than do this I have finished 4 UFO, they are now completed tops. Backing & batting already bought, so they will soon be finished quilts. Still haven't started my un-picking. LOL.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

since the weather has turned so lovely, how about taking your project outside to enjoy the air... you may forget how much you don't want to do it
Old 05-11-2014, 10:38 AM

I don't blame you. It always seems like the biggest waste of time. In my case it is cause I should have done it right the first time.lol
Old 05-11-2014, 11:57 AM

Isn't it funny how we can procrastinate about one project but feel so good about working on others in the meantime! Soon you will be faced with a different task you don't really want to do and the unpicking will seem like the lesser of two evils!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Yes, I also do procrastinate. I find it easiest to do a little bit at a time and that way, it will eventually get done.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:41 PM

That would surely be a good thing to have happen. I promised myself to not start something else till my un-picking is done. Today I started a mile a minute quilt, I'm not even real fond of the one I already have made. LOL.

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
Isn't it funny how we can procrastinate about one project but feel so good about working on others in the meantime! Soon you will be faced with a different task you don't really want to do and the unpicking will seem like the lesser of two evils!
Old 05-11-2014, 04:00 PM

I had to frog about half a top myself - I took it outside, just as another person recommended. It took me two weekends in a row. And yes, it was my machine that goofed, but it was also my bad for not checking underneath more often.
And, like you, I have yet to reload this particular quilt on my machine - in the meantime, I've started and completed a wall-hanging and pieced another top and it is currently loaded on the frame being quilted. My "excuse" is that both the wall-hanging and the new quilt are "tests" to ensure that my machine is truly fixed before I go back to the very-densely-quilted customer quilt.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:17 AM

You are not procrastinating, you have just chosen different projects to finish. Good job!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:10 AM

So far, I haven't had to unpick a whole quilt, but I know I would be just like you about it. Is it something you could do while watching TV at night? Good luck in getting it done.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:32 PM

Oh my goodness. When I first read this, I was thinking that I must have written it and forgotten! This is so me. All I can say is I certainly understand and have the same situation going on right now!!