Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I put a Janome 6700P on layaway today! >

I put a Janome 6700P on layaway today!

I put a Janome 6700P on layaway today!

Old 10-27-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by SewEnchanted View Post
Consider adding the AccuFeed HP foot. It is a narrower foot than the standard 9mm feet and it works with the HP stitch plate. I have this and it is fantastic for sewing on binding.
Thank you for this recommendation. I just took a look at that and it's definitely something that I would use a lot, so I might just go ahead and order one before I get the machine.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:02 PM

I also have the Janome Memory Craft 6600. Awesome machine.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:13 AM

Question How do you use the knee lever

Originally Posted by SherylM View Post
I've been surprised by all the people that have said that they use that stitch all the time. Guess I wasn't so crazy after all, to want to buy a machine that has that stitch on it! Honestly though, I'm really excited about all the other features and I told my husband that I'm going to make a real effort to learn how to use them.

I didn't know how I would like the knee lever, but after trying it today, I really like it! All of my other machines are vintage mechanical machines that are mostly all metal. That's one of the things I like about Janomes - they have those metal frames, and this one has a mostly all metal case too. I have a vintage New Home and a Janome made Kenmore and they're both great machines.

I do feel really good about the machine and that it's the right one for me - I just wish I could bring it home tomorrow! It's probably going to be a couple months until I get it paid for and it can come home with me.
I took a look at your machine on ebay. I missed reading about the knee lever. I use a free hand bar to raise the needle up and down to reposition fabric. Is that what your knee bar does? Thanks and congrats!

Old 10-29-2020, 03:38 AM

I got really used to using the knee lever on my Bernina 630 to raise and lower the foot so I could keep both hands on the fabric .....I did trade my 630 in for the new 570 which also has a knee lever....but it also has a "hover" function that you can set....so I am using that....a "hover" causes the foot to just raise slightly when you stop stitching so again, you can just turn your work without having to raise the pressure foot with your hand. It is really helpful especially when you are doing an appliqué stitch around something. I used my knee lever all the time on my 630 got applique.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
I took a look at your machine on ebay. I missed reading about the knee lever. I use a free hand bar to raise the needle up and down to reposition fabric. Is that what your knee bar does? Thanks and congrats!
As Sewingpup said, it raises and lowers the presser foot.