Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Saw It Here!! >

I Saw It Here!!

I Saw It Here!!

Old 01-07-2015, 02:52 PM

Default I Saw It Here!!

This is really a terrific site!!! I have been a member for a few years and am amazed and so grateful for all of the support, encouragement, ideas and inspiration that I have gotten right here. So many times I have been at a loss for an idea for a pattern...got the fabric, but what am I going to do with it? Or, now that it's made what kind of quilting does it need? This site has truly answered so many of my questions about an iron, a marker, a pattern, a machine or the many "what do I do now?" things. I can't say "thank you" enough to all of you out there that read and post, share and pass on your knowledge. Recently, I posted a little tree where I used pebbling for the garland. I SAW THAT HERE a few years ago and tucked it away in my memory bank!!! Thank heaven I didn't forget it.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

I've only been on this site going on a couple years and I have learned so much in just maintaining my machine. Being directed to different resources has been a huge plus. So many tips and techniques for quilting with only a couple DSMs. Too much to list! Thanks to you and everyone else. Also for those who think they have nothing to add, every little tip can save booqoo bucks for every one. we all appreciate that.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:38 PM

Well, I have to get on this site several times a day, that is all there is to it! Keeps the "quilting juices" flowing, and is full of information. When I changed the blade in my rotary cuter the first time, I didn't know if I should "wipe" off the excess oil or not. I panicked....had to know right then, and I had an answer in minutes. (Interestingly enough, I don't remember the answer. Now I wipe that off sometimes and don't other times. )

Dina
Old 01-07-2015, 05:42 PM

I agree with all of you. I have also learned a bunch on this QB and everyone is thoughtful and come right back and tell you what you want for information and encouragement. thanks everyone for all the help.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:49 PM

I, too, agree with everyone. The QB is addictive to me. I miss it if I can't go on and see all the lovely things everyone has made/making/sharing with us all. Knowledge is power and all the knowledge I have learned from the B is better than having to have paid to take classes. I love the QB!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:57 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

I find this QB addictive......sometimes I think I spend more time reading about quilting than quilting! But, I have no plans to quit checking in daily and learning....just wish I could work the PC and the sewing machine at the same time.
Thanks for all great information and inspriration.!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:09 AM

I check this QB every day. It is so addictive. It has been a source for so many of my quilting questions and so many talented and experienced quilters have been so helpful. I love, love, love this QB.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

I am with all of you. I check daily and love the helpfulness of all the members.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:04 AM

Yup, me too. It's coffee & Board every morning for me too!! Really opened a whole new world of quilting for me & have learned so much here!! Thanks everyone!!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:17 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Me too..I fear more virtual quilting than actual quilting...LOL