Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I seriously want to cry... >

I seriously want to cry...

I seriously want to cry...

Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 AM

can you believe after I drove an hour to the dealer it worked fine first time. I know it's threading the bobbin and will just take practice. I'm tempted to take it off the frame and just practice putting it in and out about a zillion times. Thanks all for your support. I really AM thrilled with the machine.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:05 AM

Sometimes it is a matter of getting really acquainted with your machine. Your idea of taking the machine off the frame to practice bobbin threading is great. While you're at it, look at the rest of the machine and go through your instruction guide and just familiarize yourself with the machine. Videos are good, too. There probably will be a few hiccups along the way, but that is a part of the learning curve. Bet there is an online group of longarmers who have the same machine. Also look for online support from the Bernina company. Enjoy.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by bigredharley View Post
can you believe after I drove an hour to the dealer it worked fine first time. I know it's threading the bobbin and will just take practice. I'm tempted to take it off the frame and just practice putting it in and out about a zillion times. Thanks all for your support. I really AM thrilled with the machine.
Wait, I must be completely confused. Is this machine a LA or a regular DSM? And if it's a LA are you saying you took it off the frame and drove it to the dealer?
Old 10-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

Hang in there. There is usually a learning curve with both the machine and how to run it on a frame. Once you got it all down it will have been so worth it. I hope you get the support you need from your dealer.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nilla View Post
Wait, I must be completely confused. Is this machine a LA or a regular DSM? And if it's a LA are you saying you took it off the frame and drove it to the dealer?
Bernina doesn't make a long arm, their bigger machines are used on the Bernina frame.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Bernina doesn't make a long arm, their bigger machines are used on the Bernina frame.
Ahh, okay. So the machine itself is only maybe as heavy as my Pfaff Creative Vision? I pictured lugging my LA off the frame and into the car for a drive to the dealer.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:00 AM

My Baby Lock Jane is on a long arm frame and works fine. Just a real pain to use a machine that is not made for a long arm table. Have to move the machine all the way to the end of the frame to change the bobbin thread.
Only does a small area that just gets smaller as you roll up the quilt. You have to sew down the sides of the quilt also to keep the needle from catching on the edge of the quilt. So gave up on using it till I can afford at least a 16 or 18 in throat machine.
Also have a stitch regulator on it and that is costly but very necessary.
Had mine set up by the shop expert who knew what he was doing.

Last edited by Rose Marie; 10-15-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:02 AM

If it helps any I do understand how you feel. I would bug the living daylights out of the dealer until the problem is resolved. That is a lot of money and it is something that means so much to you. Bless your DH for being so understanding and helping out. I will be keeping a good thought for you and your "Porsche."
Old 10-15-2013, 03:13 PM

Sounds like your timing is off. The dealer will have to time it for you. Good luck....
Old 10-15-2013, 03:17 PM

Did it come with an owner's manual? There is usually a trouble shooting section in it that answers most questions. Try that.