Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I should have taken my own advice! >

I should have taken my own advice!

I should have taken my own advice!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:55 AM

I love my 6600. But, i too have had a few issues. I will try the thread cutter in the needle down position. So glad i read this. Had a similar problem with my embroidery machine and took it down to the shop and all he did was re thread it and wooolaaa...It worked...Computer= reboot, sewing machine= rethread...
Old 05-09-2010, 10:19 AM

So glad to know even veteran quilters so this, thought I was the only one who forgets to rethread and gets so frustrated, LOL!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
When in doubt, always re-thread...if nothing else, you know that is not the problem...
Just like re-booting the computer models! When all else fails, re-boot!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:56 PM

Don't feel bad. When I was learning to use my BabyLock Esante, I ran into weird stuff happening and talking to the dealer about the issues, every one was resolved with something I did or didn't do, including rethreading, changing needles, the little things. I think the newer, computerized machines are more sensitive.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Another thought as well...Make sure the sewing machine needle is put it correctly with the flat side to the back. The thread will bunch or break otherwise.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by jojo47
Another thought as well...Make sure the sewing machine needle is put it correctly with the flat side to the back. The thread will bunch or break otherwise.
That is something I didn't know, will make sure to check next time I change needles for sure. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
when someone has a problem with their machine the first thing I say is "rethread it" that solves a LOT of problems. Well I was sure that wouldn't fix my problem with my Janome 6600P. I used the auto thread cutter, got up and pressed the seam, sat back down and the top thread just wadded up "somewhere" down there around the thread cutter. I took it apart and cleaned real good, none too soon either. I oiled it up and tried again, same thing.. I was really upset becasue she's only 3 mos. old and I'm 75 miles from the dealer. Well I cleaned house and pouted for 4 days untill I had the time to go, so I called the day before to see what time he gets in, he answered the phone and said he gets in at 10 o'clock. I said I'd be there to meet him so he asked what was her symptoms, I told him and he said "did you rethread?", I said "NO I think it's hanging on the thread cutter somehow, he said No the thread came out of the takeup lever, I said hold on, let me look, well what do you know? :oops: So now I'm happily sewing again and still have all my money that I would have spent at the quilt store. I can't believe my bff didn't insist that I do that but she probably figured I did before I started whinning.
AND Even though the dealers will say "I have never heard of that problem with Janome before"... ALL the Janomes I know very easily lose their thread from the takeup lever. I get sick of rethreading when I am piecing!!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:32 AM

I am teaching a quilting class on Saturdays at our church. Last class one lady kept having problems with thread bunching up around the bobbin holder. I asked her 3 times if she had rethreaded everything. She said yes. I finally did it myself, and I found she had the bobbin in backwards. I showed her the way it HAS to go in..and she answered she "didn't know" it had to go in that way.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 AM

just got my machine serviced, lady says be sure to thread through tension on machine, would hear it click when it was right. sure enough it did. i been sewing on my machine 3 years didnt know that. live and learn.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lyn4ty
Originally Posted by jojo47
That is something I didn't know, will make sure to check next time I change needles for sure. Thanks!
You're welcome!