Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I sold the quilt the lady wanted but didn't >

I sold the quilt the lady wanted but didn't

I sold the quilt the lady wanted but didn't

Old 11-03-2010, 04:42 AM

It's hard for some people to understand how much effort actually goes into making a quilt. They like the look of the quilt, but then say things like "I can get that at WallMart for only $50". Just goes to show they don't know what they are talking about.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:40 AM

the old saying YOU Snooze you Lose and shame on her if you don't realy want it bad enough don't order it
Old 11-03-2010, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by joan_quilts
I live in a very rural area. I made this quilt, custom for a lady that told me last week "she just couldn't afford it right now". Again, her attempt to get me to lower my price AFTER she knew the price when she ordered it back in August.

No, she did not lose her job, she is very well secure with money, but she "tried" to get my price way down. I already took $25 off for her.

Anyways, my mailman loves John Deere. I stopped him today, and he bought my quilt for more than the other lady would have! YAY! He paid CASH too!

So, I got lucky this time! From now on, I get a non-refundable deposit and a signed contract.

Whew! Thank-you all for your understanding and words of advice in my previous post. You all are just awesome!
Great idea ..i always get a non-refundable deposit...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:55 AM

It still blows my mind away when someone does something like this to you. If this person had spent the time and work you did doing a quilt she would not expect you to "give her a break" and she sure would make sure she had her money ready when you had the finished product. You did your job and had a thing of beauty and her loss is your mail man's gain. If your mail man is like mine, I care dearly for him. Mine is so nice and I even gift him for his birthday and his family for Christmas. So your quilt went to someone who will remember you every day he sees you. What a win-win for you. (Can you see the smile on this mail man's face every time he passes your home?) Good for you.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

Oh, I love stories like this! Good for you. This turned out to be a win win for you. Lesson learned and shared. Congratulations!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by CorgiNole
Very cool! It sounds like your mailman was in the right place at the right time.

Cheers, K
I agree, but I also think it's a God Wink!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:41 AM

WAY TO GO! I am glad you held in there. It would serve that woman right to call and want it after all. So glad you found a deserving person for your quilt.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:48 AM

Good for you, I am glad the other person bought it!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:01 AM

Sounds like it was meant for the mailman... good for you and him..lol
Old 11-03-2010, 07:53 AM

I agree totally. We humans are very impulsive, and American Humans in particular are impulsive buyers. Otherwise avoiding or getting out of debt would be easy! This lady probably feels bad that she did this to you, and will be relieved that you sold it.
Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
I've been following this story and I have a theory. When we see something we love and can buy it right then and there, we pay the asking price. When we have to wait for something, sometimes the love can wear off and we don't want it so badly anymore, or use the money for something else.

I think that's what happened here. The one who ordered it would have bought it if it had been already made.... like the mail man did.

This is what I tell people about the things I make..... Sorry, no custom orders.

Contracts would cause me great stress.... I'm too old for that. :D

FREE Quilting Newsletter