Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Spy Charm Swap, anyone? >

I Spy Charm Swap, anyone?

I Spy Charm Swap, anyone?

Old 01-02-2024, 07:51 PM

Default I Spy Charm Swap, anyone?

Would anyone be interested in participating in an I Spy charm swap? It takes a while to put one together, maybe ending in February mid month?

Let me know if there is interest.

bkay
Old 01-03-2024, 05:36 AM

I did one years ago. It was fun. I still have the charms! Yep, it is on my list to get it done but then again, the youngest in my family is 15 so no need. I have made a couple of I spy quilts for kids and they are well received and they are used. I am out however this time due to my age and my long list of "to do)
Old 01-03-2024, 05:41 AM

what size blocks are you thinking? If you get enough swappers, I'm interested
Old 01-03-2024, 06:22 AM

Five inch is the most common size swapped. However, I've swapped 4" and 6". The four inch swap was a prelude to making happy blocks, which were swapped later. My favorite I spy quilt to make is happy blocks. I have lots of 6" blocks that I might cut down to make happy blocks.

What got me started on I Spy quilts again (no one in my circle is making babies these days) is that my sister asked me to make an I Spy quilt for her friend's great-grandson. I really enjoyed making it. So, I will start making quilts for donation.

I'll post some of my I spy quilts later. My file sizes are too large.

bkay
Old 01-04-2024, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
Five inch is the most common size swapped. However, I've swapped 4" and 6". The four inch swap was a prelude to making happy blocks, which were swapped later. My favorite I spy quilt to make is happy blocks. I have lots of 6" blocks that I might cut down to make happy blocks.

What got me started on I Spy quilts again (no one in my circle is making babies these days) is that my sister asked me to make an I Spy quilt for her friend's great-grandson. I really enjoyed making it. So, I will start making quilts for donation.

I'll post some of my I spy quilts later. My file sizes are too large.

bkay
You mentioned your file sizes are too large. "Google" how to reduce your pictures. It is really simple but it depends on the device how you go about it. Reduce size, save to a file and then you can upload and post them here on the board.
Old 01-04-2024, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
You mentioned your file sizes are too large. "Google" how to reduce your pictures. It is really simple but it depends on the device how you go about it. Reduce size, save to a file and then you can upload and post them here on the board.
Thanks, Teach. I know how to do it. I have a program that will do it. What I really need to learn is how to reduce the size of the photos I take. My camera is a nice camera, but I probably need a point and shoot.

I will get it done and post in the photos section.

bkay
Old 01-05-2024, 06:01 AM

Count me in! Maybe I should make a goal to learn the best way to ship internationally...
Old 01-05-2024, 02:31 PM

I think we have enough interest to make a swap work. We'll continue all information and future instruction. on the Members Swaps and Round/Row robins section. I'll post the I spy quilt photos there.

bkay