Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think I made a big mistake >

I think I made a big mistake

I think I made a big mistake

Old 10-04-2016, 07:32 AM

Geesh....is everything just a passing fad with them????? How are their marriages? Never mind them......quilting is just one of the things that makes my life complete....I'll never give it up....make smaller items maybe....but never, "move on".

On a second note, I am happy to read this post because I just had a conversation with some family members and it was obvious they think I should move on from quilting.....?? I came away sad that people I care about just don't understand me.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-04-2016, 07:34 AM

>>>[COLOR=#362F2D]I feel blessed that my wife enjoys sharing a trout stream with me in a pair of wadders with flies that we both tie. Those moments are just magic. We spent a ton of time together outdoors. If she could try my hobbies, I certainly can try hers. I think that the biggest thing is that we have fun together.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I flat out tell family or anyone that complains about my quilting that is it none of their business.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
My Husband has joked about learning to sew. I don't take him serious, he is not careful enough for me. We plan to retire at years end, he will have to entertain himself. After working together for almost 30 years he can do something by himself.
Jingle, I had my DH make me templates...... A holder for my thread. He was a wood worker........ He would look thru magazines and make me all kinds of things. I have them to remember him by now.....Keeps them out of your hair tho...
Old 10-06-2016, 02:13 PM

My DH is mechanically minded and has to figure out how things work. He is a great help with the LA and will set up the pantos and helps with any problem we have. Will help figure out tension issues and load quilt. He can run any of my machines and made me a large ironing board and thread cone holder and many other things.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:28 AM

I lost my Bernina 150 to my younger daughter, who has been sewing her own clothes for a year now. She's starting on her wedding gown (July 29, 2017) and I've realized I'm never getting my Bernina back. I've been using my Featherweight for piecing (and I have a Babylock Tiara II for quilting), but it looks like I'm going to have to buy myself a new machine. Ahhh, the choices out there!
Old 10-08-2016, 09:37 AM

Clay-
Where do you guys like to fish? I'm in SoCal and used to fish the west fork of the San Gabriel (local) and the Sierras (around Mammoth and Bridgeport) for vacations. Kids and work took me away from my streams but I plan to get back!

Sounds like you guys have a great relationship that's stood the test of time!
Old 10-08-2016, 09:51 AM

My husband loves to buy sewing machines for me...he's up to eight. Gotta love a man like that! Let him buy all the machines he wants!
Old 10-08-2016, 10:31 AM

Time for a few more machines! Guys do love their gadgets and that means more machines!
Old 10-08-2016, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Really? Move on from quilting? Why would they think you should do that? What do they think you should do?

People are so weird. I've given up trying to figure them out.
My thoughts exactly.