Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I think I've lost my marbles

I have the same fabric and I am planning to do a 4 patch posie. I just fell in love with the fabric. The colors are so fibrant and beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Love, love that fabric. Can't wait to see your quilt done.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    What is OBW/SAW please .
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    I don't think you are crazy at all. I made a stack'n whack & really enjoyed the process.

Great fabric. I have a Stack and Whack in progress. Actually have forgotten how to do it. Gurrr
    Love to see photos of the first one. Good luck with the remodeling.

Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    What is OBW/SAW please .
    OBW = One Block Wonder
    SAW = Stack And Whack

Correct me if I am wrong,

I love doing OBW quilts and have fabric to make more. I like adding cubes to them too. Your fabric will make an awesome OBW.

That is stunning fabric, I love it!!!!
    Amythyst

Blog Entries
    I just LOVE OBW but like you I decided I couldn't do it again. But I find I'm just waiting for the right favric to come along. Good luck and have a great time.
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

This is gorgeous fabric! Can't wait to see it made up!!!
    Karen in Kentucky

That fabric is PERFECT for S&W quilt. This one will be easier since you have already mastered the particulars. Please do post a pic when done. LOVE the colors!
    Michelle Guadarrama

That's a beautiful fabric! I can'twait to see how your quilt turns out.
    Take time to recharge your batteries. Itís hard to see where youíre going when your lights are dim. Robert H. Connelly

I bought that fabric for a stack n whack! I'm not sure when I will get to it through so I'll anxiously await photos of yours!! It's beautiful fabric!!
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Beautiful fabric, I'm sure your quilt will be just as beautiful.

Blog Entries
    I used that same fabric to make pillowcases for a teenager and liked them so much I went back looking for more to make some for myself, but none was to be had. Enjoy using it!

I'm going to be starting my own OBW. I just bought a bolt of fabric (too much, but I may use it for backing too).

I also fell in love with the colors and made a OBW.. it is hanging on the felt until I am pleased with the color arrangement.....just waiting for the right look. I love it! So soon I will be putting those blocks together. I am sure yours will turn out GREAT. I added a few Hollow Cubes in it to give it a surprise look....that was more of a challenge, because you need to give it dimension.
    Good luck with yours....post when you have it completed....can't wait to see it. No 2 are ever alike, so my quilt won't look like yours even tho we used the same material! OBW!

I purchased that same fabric for an OBW last year. I have a couple of UFOs to finish before I dig out the fabric to start my OBW. OBWs are my favorite quilts.
    Sweet Caroline

I love the fabric! Be sure and post photos of the quilt. It will have to be beautiful made out of this fabric.

great fabric... can't wait to see the finished project.

I remember those feelings...but I was compelled to do another and it was easier...I wasn't always questioning the directions on the second one and it was a quicker make. Just have fun this time! It is so exciting to see what the next cut will produce!

I wish I could hold up the two mirrors to the picture to see what it would look like.

Love the material.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
    I made a stack-n-whack (OBW?) quilt for my sister for Christmas and swore I would NEVER DO ONE AGAIN. It turned out pretty good (and she loved it) but the work involved just killed me and I wanted to just throw it all away at least twice.

So, being that I'm crazy, I've decided that since I resolved to put a quilt into the local county fair this year, I would (for some reason) need to do another dang kaleidoscope quilt and enter THAT.

Glutton for punishment. That's what I am. And crazy.

Here's the fabric I've decided to use...Attachment 399923 It's from JoAnns, it's Legacy Studio brand, called "Polynesian Master Medallions". Lovely bright colors with metallic edging...really eye popping. I hope it looks OK in the quilt and not too busy!

Right now my sewing room is packed full of furniture (we're having flooring installed all over the rest of the house) so I can only think and plan but I'm actually pretty excited about getting started on this. For a change I have ZERO UFO's but I will probably start a couple simple quilts too because I know I won't be able to grind away on this quilt without a distraction without losing whatever small grasp I have left on my sanity!
    I have that fabric too and love it !! looking forward to seeing how your quilt turns out. I was thinking of making myself a new purse from this fabric.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

I have a hint to 'test' fabrics for OBW/Stack n Whack type quilts to see what you will get before you ever cut into the fabric.
    I have 2, 3"x5" locker mirrors duct taped together along one short edge. Then open into a V-shape and then glide it over your fabric to see what a wonderful array of designs appear. I love using it just to look at fabrics, it is awesome and you can spend a lot of time just 'looking' at your fabric. The mirrors are portable enough to tuck in your purse when you go shopping. You can also use regular mirrors in the same size if you can not find the locker mirrors.
    Check it out to see what you find-in your fabrics.

is that stunning fabric or what! LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have never done a OBW.....and sadly it isn't on my LIST- I like seeing them, but I think it would drive me to drink!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast