Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I took a huge leap! >

I took a huge leap!

I took a huge leap!

Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

He said what ever you want, I am sure that is what he ment!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 AM

Over the years I have purchased plenty of stuff without asking my husband. As long as I don't ask him for the money or put it on his charge card why should he be concerned.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Embroider something on his boxers!
LOL!!!!!!! Love this answer! He said do whatever you want with the money, a husband that is that generous will have no complaints, and probably glad that you did as he said! He is a keeper.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:13 AM

In a similar circumstance I would make my husband his favorite meal with a beautiful card telling him that I just had to do something special to thank him for the generosity and how happy he has made me with the wonderful machines. No matter why he gave I know my husband would be touched by my thanks and excitement.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jbug View Post
In a similar circumstance I would make my husband his favorite meal with a beautiful card telling him that I just had to do something special to thank him for the generosity and how happy he has made me with the wonderful machines. No matter why he gave I know my husband would be touched by my thanks and excitement.
i think this is a lovely idea. I would also do that--and i am sure your husband is happy that you have done this. he would never have given you the $$ if he meant for you to NOT spend it <g>
Old 04-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
My husband wouldn't notice. I would say "thank you" then close the door to the sewing room so I could play to my hearts content.

So True! My DH never goes in my sewing area unless I need a light bulb changed or something moved. Just last week he asked if the drapes in the living room were new. Yeah about 4 months new and they have already been taken down and cleaned because of the house cat got out of sorts. Cat is on breathing therapy, drapes are back in place and he just now notices. LOL
Old 04-14-2013, 09:26 AM

You were given money and told to have fun. I have several machines and a serger. Each have their own purpose. I know that men have a circular saw, a band saw, a jig saw and other stuff. Same for quilting. Enjoy
Old 04-14-2013, 09:40 AM

Your husband sounds like a man who doesn't care if you have two machines, as long as you are happy...extra kisses are in order

I have a 6600, it is a lovely machine.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jbug View Post
I agree. Return his generosity with a special thank you and show him how you spent his gift.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:37 AM

Congratulations!!! Your loving husband gave you money, and you made wise purchases with it. Besides, it doesn't matter what he thinks--you won't see much of him anymore. You'll be so busy playing with your new toys that he'll have to make an appointment to see you! LOL

You will love your toys--I know because I bought a 6600 and 350E two years ago. Absolutely love them both!!! Hope you saved some of the money for thread....