Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I went to Wal Mart today and was in for a shocker! >

I went to Wal Mart today and was in for a shocker!

I went to Wal Mart today and was in for a shocker!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by gaevren View Post
They brought back the fabric section! Before it was just two small rows with sewing notions, a couple machines, and craft supplies. I went in this morning and they have a ton of bolts, batting, stuffing, supplies, and a cutting station!

I know a bunch of people have been calling to try and get Wal Mart to bring back the fabric sections- apparently it's working
Newburgh, IN has fabric-------------but you can't find anyone to cut it for you. Boonville, IN doesn't have anything but the precuts. I'm waiting for the fabric to return, but I may have a long wait.

AND I've got a $75 gift card burning a hole in my pocket! The west side of Evansville has a good fabric department, but it's way across town, over 25 miles from me. (probably worth the trip!)
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM

I am going to a Wal-mart tomorrow---------------and I'm going to ask something, most likely will be thrown out of the store.. I need some smaller amounts of flannel for a rag quilt-----------one with the full width stripes. And I'm going to ask to have the fabric torn. I'm sick of losing 9" on either end of Wally World fabric. Can't afford it when I'm not buying much of any one piece.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 AM

Fabric reappeared in one of our 2 local stores last year, but mostly lots of fleece (here in hot SE TX ?) and low quality fabrics. They do have batting & pillow forms again and a few more notions. The cutting table is a very small one they squeezed in there.
Nothing much that I would shop there for ...

Last edited by TexasGurl; 12-10-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 AM

Things must be the same all over, lauriejo....I live in the boonies...but have 6 wal-marts within 45 to 60 minutes from me. They have all lost their fabric sections except one....and the quality of the fabric at that one is ridiculous...loosely woven imports at 7.99 to 10.99 a yard. The "bargain" fabric that used to be 2 to 3 a yard is now 5. I used to laugh at always having to go to the courtesy counter to get someone to cut fabric for me....Now I don't even want their fabric. I buy most of mine online now....local shops too expensive even though I try to support them.