Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I won again, too!!

Great news! Would love to see all your goodies!

Blog Entries
    Congrats! Post pics if you can!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Wine Woman View Post
    Congratulations! It's so much fun to win something! I've never done the the shophop and was wondering is this the one with the bunnies? I' curious how much time do you all spend when doing this? Do you get through all the shops? Is it difficult? or just time consuming?
    I have played many times and also have won some cool prizes. Yes, this is the one with the bunnies. I think it is fun, as I get introduced to many shops that I hadn't seen before. When I do play, I do try to go through all the shops. It is not difficult and when I play I just take my time. You have all month to complete the game. I say try it once & you'll know soon enough it is something you want to continue. Good luck.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Please share when it/they come. Can't wait to see what goodies you've won.

Congrats to you can't wait to hear what you won. Sue

I won a grand prize two years ago and it was all thread in an Amy Butler bag.....it was amazing and I'm from Iowa!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your win!!! So excited for you!!!

Wow! Congrats!!! I've won a second prize before, and have won a $10 prize more times than I can count! Love it.

I it about 6 mo ago & it came really quick. Very pretty white tonal, different designs, 4 different one @ 5 yards each!
    Let us know when you get your prize & what you get.
    BB

May be off on yards. It was whit tonal & very pretty!!! Have won 10.00 cert also! It is fun.
    BB

Power Poster
    Congratulations. have not won a large prize, but I have won something in just about every shop hop so far. I'm busy finding bunnies for this contest, as I was unable to play for 4 months while recovering from a spinal cord injury, surgery and rehab. I'm glad to report that I'm now home and I'm anxious to begin quilting again. I thank God every day that the surgery was successful, I have regained the use of my hands and legs, and have begun walking again. Even with a walker, I'm walking and I'm eternally grateful. Younever know when one split second can radically change your life.

Great news! Congratulations! I guess I will start looking for the bunnies, again. I had given up!
    Sheri (zkosh)
    Those who can, teach. Those who canít teach get into some less significant line of work.

Blog Entries
    Congrats. ,!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Quote Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
    Congratulations. have not won a large prize, but I have won something in just about every shop hop so far. I'm busy finding bunnies for this contest, as I was unable to play for 4 months while recovering from a spinal cord injury, surgery and rehab. I'm glad to report that I'm now home and I'm anxious to begin quilting again. I thank God every day that the surgery was successful, I have regained the use of my hands and legs, and have begun walking again. Even with a walker, I'm walking and I'm eternally grateful. Younever know when one split second can radically change your life.
    Marge i was so touched by your email. I am so sorry about your accident but so very thankful to God also that you are regaining use of your hands and legs and able to walk again. Yes, we take so many things for granted...every day things, like walking and talking and quilting! I am so thankful for every day i can do these things. So very glad for you too! God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by Wine Woman View Post
    Congratulations! It's so much fun to win something! I've never done the the shophop and was wondering is this the one with the bunnies? I' curious how much time do you all spend when doing this? Do you get through all the shops? Is it difficult? or just time consuming?
    Yes, it is the one with the bunnies, and yes it is time consuming. I have been doing it for the last four months and (being somewhat OCD) always try to find all of the bunnies, even though you are eligible for many of the prizes and drawings with a fairly low number of bunnies. I also find that I get into a rhythm with it, but it still probably takes at least 3 hours (probably longer) to find all of the bunnies. I do 5 or 10 a day, when I am in the mood. You learn pretty quickly how to quickly find the bunnies on any given website - I got a lot faster after the first 40 or so bunnies!

I was surprised that I found a bunch of stores I would never have found without the hop, and while I haven't actually ordered from any of them yet I have them bookmarked for future reference!

Alison

How exciting....

Congratulations! I've been diligently searching for Bunnies since FabShopHop started and have yet to win anything. I introduced a quilting buddy to the "game" and she's won several Gift Certificates in each of the hops she's played!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have been lucky enough to have won $10.Cert a few times and a second place once. It is time consuming but it is also fun. This last one I won a $10 cert and was able to use it at Batiks Plus. Sometimes it isn't worth the trouble to use the $10. cert. (shipping more than I want to pay). I have located all the blocks on this months list and have found all the bunnies with one exception. This one site said that the bunnie was not available yet. When I called their phone number to find out when it would be available and if they could give me a hint a very nice lady said she didn't know but she would ask someone. When she came back on the phone she said she was told to tell me that it was my responsibility to find it and they would not help me. I know that it is my responsibility to find it but I thought that the way she answered was very rude. Most sites are very helpful when you have a hard time finding the bunny. Oh well it is just a game. Those who have not played will be able to see a lot of sites that we don't normally see and we get to see a lot of different fabrics. Worth it for me. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
    Wow, Marge. I am so glad your surgery went well and that you can do stuff again. You must feel so liberated, and free! Having had surgery to fix a few things myself (though not anywhere near as serious as what you're describing) I find myself being grateful over and over that I am alive now, and not 200 years ago...

Alison

Blog Entries
    Congratulations. How exciting!!

Congratulations!!!!

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    I have won some $10 gift certificates and like those! I won $20 or $25 one where they sent me fabric. I got four yards of fabric I don't like and will never use so I cut them into fat quarters and wrapped with a ribbon ready for a Christmas gift for my quilting friends!
    quilting with my dogs

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
    I have been lucky enough to have won $10.Cert a few times and a second place once. It is time consuming but it is also fun. This last one I won a $10 cert and was able to use it at Batiks Plus. Sometimes it isn't worth the trouble to use the $10. cert. (shipping more than I want to pay). I have located all the blocks on this months list and have found all the bunnies with one exception. This one site said that the bunnie was not available yet. When I called their phone number to find out when it would be available and if they could give me a hint a very nice lady said she didn't know but she would ask someone. When she came back on the phone she said she was told to tell me that it was my responsibility to find it and they would not help me. I know that it is my responsibility to find it but I thought that the way she answered was very rude. Most sites are very helpful when you have a hard time finding the bunny. Oh well it is just a game. Those who have not played will be able to see a lot of sites that we don't normally see and we get to see a lot of different fabrics. Worth it for me. BrendaK
    What a bummer! I work really hard to find all the bunnies. If I can't find one or two I have a friend who also does the hop and I email her for help.
    quilting with my dogs

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! I keep playing hoping to win a big prize. I have won a couple of $10 certificates and have been able to purchase a few things I normally would not have purchased on line. But it is true sometimes the shipping doesn't make it seem worthwhile. But it is fun. and if I have to pay less than $10 for shipping I figure I am ahead of the game!

please post on a new post so I don't have to page through 49 pages of posts. Everyone on the board must be so excited for you. I don't think I have ever seen so many posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast