Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I WON THE BID

I have been biding on a Fab U motion on E-bay for several weeks they appear to be coming out of the wood works but each time I get Out bid I didn't want to pay over a 100 dollars for it as I haven't see one in person and they say it works on any machine with certain measurments and I am not sure it will fit mine as I am away from home now and don't have access to my machine. So I Bid 50 dollars and I WON I can't wait to get home and try it out.

What is a Fab U Motion? Thanks.

Never mind, I did a search and found a tutorial.

I curious on what it is, too

Congratulations! I have a Fabric Mover for a Pfaff, but I haven't tried it out yet and I have had it for probably a year now! I got it off of Ebay brand new! Will eventually be trying it out before long! I just have too many projects going on right now!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Congratulations!! :D:D

community benefactor mbogenpohl's Avatar
    Congrats! On your win!

I have one and love it, did you get the stitch regulator with it, thats a great price.

MTS
    Banned
    No, the one she bought didn't have the Stitch Regulator.

As far as I can determine, there is a Fabric Mover for certain models of the Pfaff (Creative Vision and Viking Topaz Sapphire) and
    Viking (Designer Series, Sapphire Series, Platinum Series, Scandinavia 2--, 300, and 400, Rose Iris and select Lily Series) which includes a stitch regulator, with a choice of a 7"x9" or 12"x12" working space.
    The asking prices on these are all over the place - from $300 to $1000. Retail prices look to be from $350 to $450, depending on sewing area size.

Then there is a "generic" version of the mover, no stitch regulator, with a sewing area of 7"x9" which is supposed to fit other machines based on size.
    The prices, at least on eBay, range from $52 to $122. I think this retails for $199.

This site had some interesting info and recommendations - just click on the item and scroll down.
    http://www.allbrands.com/products/ab...FcLr7QodpUH1NQ

It looks - at least to me - that it works sort of like John Flynn's frame thingie, except this is sort of attached to/floating above your machine. And because it's on bearings or whatever, by simply moving your quilt, the surface underneath moves/glides easily, and it takes all the weight off the quilter, making it easy to sew in that open area.

Would that be an accurate description?

What a great find - patience surely pays off!! Congratulations!

Congrats!

I use mine a lot too and I bought it from a member of another board that Sherry Lea and I are members of. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

Congrats! Hope you love it!

Blog Entries
    The Inspira Fab U Motion will work with most free arm sewing machines with a arm height of 3 3/8 to 3 . They are easy to resell if it doesn't work out for your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The Inspira Fab U Motion will work with most free arm sewing machines with a arm height of 3 3/8 to 3 . They are easy to resell if it doesn't work out for your machine.

That's the one I have and it will work with my brother machine, tho it does not have a large throat so I don't have a big field for the quilting, but it is fine for me as I don't want to move the fabric very fast at all and especially with out a stitch regulator on it. I love mine and got it really cheap too and it had never been used before I got mine. Huggies, Fay

Congrats. I love ebay.

Thanks MTS for answering the questions. i didn't want the stitch regulator as I don't think it would of worked on my machine and I didn't want to spend that much. I am just happy to get this one and I hope it will help me with FMQ I have seen so many quilts on here that everyone has done a fabulous job on I want to try one for my self. Will show a piture when I get home to use it.
    Thanks everyone

MTS
    Banned
    I remembered I had seen and tried one at Houston a couple of years ago - but it was being touted as a Pfaff accessory.

I think it's great that it's available for other machines, even without the SR. I have a Bernina, so I don't know if it will fit, but I'll keep my eye out.

And you got a great deal on yours. Please report back on you find actually quilting using it.

Yep that pretty much sums it up, the only thing the stitch regulator does is just that regulates the stitch but its not necessary to use the fabric mover, I love mine sure saves on the arms moving fabric.

np3
    Blog Entries
    I have one without the stitch regulator that I bought when I got my new Pfaff with the 9 inch throat. It works very well. But I have to say, it will work on any machine. The frame kind of floats.