Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I won!!

I won a $10 gift certificate to www.quiltersroundup.com!! The only problem is when I put in the gift certificate number, they say they can't find it?!?!? What am I supposed to do about that? I really hate it when stores don't keep their records straight as I saw two really nice fabrics I wanted for my farmers wife quilt and now its being difficult. :cry:

Can you email the store you are trying to use it at?

Oh, congrats!

Im trying right now.

O.K. this is REALLY wierd. But I got notification of "winning" a gift cert. for $10 today too. But, for another shop. And the same thing happened. I tried to place an order and it won't accept the #. Hmmmm. These fabhop things I hope aren't some kind of scam.

Congrats to you both...hope its just some glitch in the system!

I dunno, I just find the coincidence a bit odd.

Call the shop you won it from. Just to be on the safe side

Quote Originally Posted by momymom
    Call the shop you won it from. Just to be on the safe side
    If they don't respond to my e-mail then it's bogus. I'm not going to add long distance phone charges to the hassle.

Sounds like a scam. They want you to place an order using your credit card so that they can get your number.

Actually, what I think it is, is that these certificates become such a pain to use when you get to the shopping cart stage, they hope you just say, "Oh well, but since I've taken all this time and picked out all my fabric already, I'll just place the order...it's only $10." I really don't think it has anything to do with a c.c. # thing as the certificates come from different quilt shops that are participating with the shophop. But, it's frustrating for sure.

Blog Entries
    The Fabshop hop is legit. I won a sewing machine and it was sent promptly and no hassle. The shops that give the gift certificates should send an email to you telling you how to use the code number. These are the shops that you know wants you as a customer. If you don't get any response, email [email protected] and give the name of the shop and the amount of the certificate. I have won several gift certificates and some shop owners and employees just don't have the sense to know how to deduct the amount from an order! I will not buy anything from the ones that give me a hassle about the certificate. I use the certificate on something and never buy there again and send an email and tell them why.

I'm hoping to get a email in response, but if I don't hear anything by tomorrow then I will contact shophop and see what they say.

I too received notification today that I won a $10 gift certificate - BUT - it said for the April Hop - that list of prize winners was posted last month (I believe) so I was a bit skeptical about winning

Quote Originally Posted by WANNABEE
    I too received notification today that I won a $10 gift certificate - BUT - it said for the April Hop - that list of prize winners was posted last month (I believe) so I was a bit skeptical about winning
    Mine is from April also. Maybe they are just running behind, because I looked it up on ffabshophop and my name is on the list for that store, so its just the store thats messing up

Yup me too! That's why all of this is so weird.

Your right my name is on the list also

Call the shop you received it from and tell them your problem. If this is a scam, they will be glad to find out because it is ruining their name.

Congratulations!!

I won too!!! I'm so excited. I love getting these gift certificates. This is my third one!! This time it is for Ethelbird & Eliza kids http://www.ethelbird.com

This is great because with my new granddaughter arriving within a month there are a lot of choices at this online store. Problem will be trying to decide what to get! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Candace

Yup me too! That's why all of this is so weird.
    It isn't weird. There are about 180 shops that give out a gift certificate every month. I imagine that there are quite a few shophoppers on this list.

It takes a month or two for them to notify you. This is very legit and it is loads of fun. I have won three times and have never had a problem using my discount yet. I always buy something on sale and only spend about $10 extra (if that much).

Of course the store wants you to spend more. These gift certificates are advertising for the store. And the purpose of advertising is to bring in new business to your store. If a person has no intention in using the gift certificate then I can't see why that person would do the shophop in the first place.

Me? I'm trying to win that perfect caddy! :-D

Blog Entries
    They are legit... I have won a couple :thumbup: They do have some quirks about them but they are good for it

Good to know...I just find it odd that this was the April shophop that I'm being notified for in July!

Blog Entries
    They are slow... LOL I didn't win this time :cry:

I am doing the shophop for the first time this month. Just wondering do you register with each shop or just the shophop registeration?

Blog Entries
    Once you register with the shop hop... you go to the listed stores, find the bunnies that say " you found it " click on that bunny , it will take you back to the shop hop page where you click on a box for the you found it bunny ( it will have your email address in it ) and then you have registered for that store :thumbup:

Thanks, that is what I am doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast