Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ideas needed for childs John Deere quilt, blue

Ideas needed for childs John Deere quilt, blue

I am a fairly new quilter. Would like ideas on how to make a childs quilt using the blue
    John Deere treactor material. It has 3 different large ( 8x10" ) tractors and others.
    I also have the yellow and green plaid with the tractors , the yellow with the small tractors and another yellow with slightly larger tractors on it. Definitely want to use at least 3 of the large tractors.
    I cannot come up with a way that does not look "messy". thanks. this is my 2nd post, but I have been veiwing this site for a few years and love it. You have given me many ideas, Thanks

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/04/...oor-three.html

While they are not John Deere its a cute pattern to use large panel blocks. A friend of mine just made the 3rd quilt on the page and it came out super cute never would have guessed it was a panel to start. I am going to be making something close to it but with a fairy panel I got a while back that is Michael Miller.

Happy Quilting

I did one many years ago and used yo yo's for the wheels. It came out really cute.
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Framing the tractor blocks with a solid color would help to slow down the other fabrics.