Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you did not like it then - do you like it now? >

If you did not like it then - do you like it now?

If you did not like it then - do you like it now?

Old 06-09-2015, 05:47 AM

I just do not like the quilting I do, still learning. Completed 2 quilts so far. Have a lot of tops to still finished. No matter if I like or not will finish them unless I die before that. I stare at them for a long time debating and talking myself into starting. I talk myself out of starting most of the time, working on that.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:48 AM

IrishNY, love your quote "Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt"
Old 06-09-2015, 05:04 PM

I have had a few that were disappointing mainly because of the colors I chose. I donated them, and I have to hope that someone liked those colors together better than I did, or at least that the quilts kept someone warm. With the lights out, one quilt is pretty much like another.

I usually don't cut out all the pieces before I start sewing, so when I start having regrets I can limit the size to something smaller than originally intended. A small quilted piece, for example, might make a handy tote, whereas the same design all over a bed might look a lot worse and represent more of my time wasted.

I try not to keep any truly ugly quilt in the house because inevitably someone after I die will think that the thing was crammed into the back of the closet because I was saving it for a special occasion. If you have anything that would embarrass you if it was draped over your coffin, get rid of it while there's still time!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:01 PM

I have been in this situation several times. On the first couple I just finished it and it was in my quilt pile. More recently I simplified a pattern that was driving me nut. Color was okay, but too busy. I made it into a large lap size instead of queen and donated to the nursing home. I also took the other two quilts to the same place. The residents were thrilled and I now regularly pass them along for folks who never have family visits or gifts.

A little off this topic,but I also passed along some yarn and craft projects to them too. I knew I would not be using it and several of the ladies love crochet but can't afford supplies.