Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you live in the Northeast have you been to Marden’s ??? >

If you live in the Northeast have you been to Marden’s ???

If you live in the Northeast have you been to Marden’s ???

Old 04-27-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
If you are coming to Bar Harbor, there is a Marden's - huge and brand new in Ellsworth which you have to go through to get here.
If you are coming here, PM me. We can meet. There are two other nice quilt shops here also. One you have to pass by as you come and is after Mardens and the other is right in town. She is moving to a new shop in a couple of weeks and it is going to be wonderful.

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
I am planning a trip to see Maine in July - I think that is one of the shops that was recommended to me!

By far, in my honest opinion the best one is at Ellsworth.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 AM

Yes, I have been to Marden's. There is also a store in Lewiston, Me which is about 4 hours from Connecticut. Which is closer than Sanford.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM

I used to live in southern Maine and I used Marden's all the time. Over the years, the price has gone up on the fabric - you wouldn't believe how cheap it was years ago. I don't know if they still do - but they used to be VERY generous when they cut the fabric. I was very spoiled and when I moved back to NJ, it was tough to get used to Joann's giving you no more than one extra thread when they cut their material. I'm heading back up to Ogunquit in July and plan to make Marden's one of my stops!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:42 AM

I've seen wide backings there, but not a big selection. It's kind of a hit or miss thing, but the prices are great and the place is wonderful!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:50 AM

Looked up their website. I've always wanted to go to Maine and this just may be a reason to make a trip. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:36 AM

We're headed to Maine in August. From the looks of thier webpage, I shouldn't have any trouble finding one near where we're going, maybe even a couple. Hooray!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:03 AM

I live just one town away so I shop the Waterville Marden's all the time. It's quilt shop quality material for greatly reduced prices. I don't think I could have taken up quilting without the local Marden's store.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Hello Fellow quilting friend! I live a half hour away from the Waterville,Me Mardens and I have to tell you I shop there ALL the time. 99% of the time I find their fabric to better quality than Joann's(which is right down the street from Mardens) and I can buy 3 times as much as I can elsewhere! Anyone who comes to Maine really should make sure they stop there for fabric! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-27-2011, 01:03 PM

No they don't sell on line thats the only bunner!
Originally Posted by JUNEC
Originally Posted by Nancy Ingham
A quilting friend introduced me to Marden’s Discount Store a year ago and periodically we make the trip to go and stock-up on fabric together. There are several locations throughout Maine however; we shop at the one in Sanford. They have a very large selection of quality fabrics at great prices. Their website says this in regards to their fabric:

“Fabric: To Marden’s fabric team, fabric is not just material. Fabric represents friendship, community and a way of life. From our fabric buyer and distribution employees right through to the associates in store that help customers one on one, hundreds of times a day, we love fabric!”

We shop for fabric 108” wide to back our quilts in just one solid piece of fabric. Most 108” wide fabric, 100% cotton, at Marden’s sells for $7.99 a yard. Although I just bought one fabric that I just love, 108” wide for just $4.99 a yard! I live in Laconia NH, but it is well worth the trip to shop and stock-up on fabric.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Do you know if they sell on line?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:15 PM

anicra wrote: I don't know if they still do - but they used to be VERY generous when they cut the fabric.

They aren't as generous in their cuts as they used to be, but still no complaints here. I frequent any Mardens every chance I get. Am looking to introducing my dear friend from Washington State to Mardens when she comes this summer. I got some lovely Waverly fabric there also for my porch curtains I am going to be making.