Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm Back >

I'm Back

I'm Back

Old 11-12-2020, 02:28 AM

Default I'm Back

I know it has been a few months since I last logged but my sewing machine was not doing any sewing except to sew (a maximum of) 10 stitches that looked like sewing then would go to looping on the underside of the fabric for about 10 stitches then it would repeat the pattern.

I knew that if I came on the boards I would be very tempted to want to join some of the swaps. It would have cost me a minimum of $300 to get it my old machine fixed. Well then it happened. I found Wards. Looking through the website I found a sewing machine that would cost $380.--includes tax and interest and I pay $25/month. Fits my budget and the machine is brand new. Now I’m back to sewing up that storm—after I get everything set up again on my sewing table.

Actually I was looking for a freezer but I accept the sewing machine. I also found in my junk room (as my brother calls it) one box of fabric with several squares that have been bound off. They are excellent for mug rug trades. They are big squares. Just need to add some pretty touches and quilting.

One quilt I will be making will be depicting this Trooper. I'll take it to the Troop that serves our area and ask them to send it to the correct address so the Colonel will be able to identify the troop and it be posted in that Troop--hopefully. I will be adding some extra items to the quilt. I can see it in my mind and now I just need to get it to paper and then to the quilt.

I love my Officers of all our departments. I pray for them every time I see a squad from any department. I still miss you James.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:54 AM

Welcome back and happy creating!!!!
Old 11-12-2020, 04:32 AM

So glad you are “back in business “. Can’t wait to see your quilt!💕
Old 11-12-2020, 04:33 AM

Welcome back to quilting, sewing and the Board. We all pass through stages and episodes in our life that may put one thing or another on pause. Happy that you found a sewing machine and fabric to get you jump started again.
Old 11-12-2020, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back!
Old 11-12-2020, 06:46 AM

Glad to have you back. It's one thing when our interests take us away from quilting, we can understand when we don't have time, but machine issues that prevent us are awful.

Earlier this year both my expensive modern machine and my trusty old vintage machine were in the shop and I was sewing on a very low end Brother. It did great for making masks and basic tasks but I ended up taping it down to my work surface with large pieces of blue tape. Looked rather Franken-machine but it kept me going.

We are also looking for a freezer, had hoped to buy one earlier this year with the stimulus check but none were available for months and months. Now that months have passed, so has our stimulus check -- but fortunately my husband has kept working through all of this and now it looks like tax return will mean freezer arrival.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back!
Old 11-12-2020, 08:00 AM

Welcome back. I was wondering what happened to you and I for one have missed you. I try to keep up with newer members to see if you become or stay active. So again jump right in and enjoy the fun.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:10 PM

Glad you came back and good sewing times on the new machine.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:22 PM

Glad ;you are back on the board. It sounds like you got a good deal on your sewing machine and I hope you are happy with it and enjoy getting back to your quilts. The one for the Troop sounds very interesting. Please share a picture when it is completed.