Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm expecting on Sunday!!!!! >

I'm expecting on Sunday!!!!!

I'm expecting on Sunday!!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 04:30 AM
Banned

Way Cool. How exciting for you. :D
Old 08-31-2009, 04:46 AM

How wonderful! I can't find anything near that good a deal around here.

I showed my son Jim, the quilting frame and machine I'd like (IF I had a house big enough) while he was here in June. He could not believe how much they cost. He wants to find me a good used parachute sewing machine to quilt with. He said they are work horses, but the frame....he is head of the shop so he knows machines but he doesn't know quilting except that he gets them from mom. lol

Have fun and take lots of pictures for us!

Hugs,
Sharon
Old 08-31-2009, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Good to hear!! thank you! BTW how much did the Qbot cost?
It was about $3,700 for the Qbot, including the software and metal wheels. If you are getting the original Gracie Next Generation frame, there is nothing additional to purchase. The newer frames require some additional parts to adapt Qbot to those frames. I'm assuming you are getting the Cruise Control (Stitch Regulator) module with the machine and frame. Otherwise, it'll be about $500 more for that. The Cruise Control was included with my original frame/machine purchase.
quite awhile ago it was $250 to convert my carriage to a bigger machine. Right now I use a juki 98QE and it sits empty quite a bit so don't think I will upgrade anytime soon unless my DD wants to invest. :roll:
Old 08-31-2009, 06:04 AM

YAY!! I am so happy for you!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:23 AM

While I'm very happy for you, I'll admit that I am insanely jealous. There, I've said it! Now, you know that we will expect pics of not only your new baby, but of your first project, so get crackin', girl, you have work to do!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:43 AM

Was there a delivery???? Did you need an epidural?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:31 PM

You heifer! I want that so bad I can taste it. Was gonna get that one but I'm saving for the Pinnacle (grace) that my Babylock will fit on. I have tried it out in the store. It is super. It will take some practice as it can get away from you. It sews very nice. I have never owned a Pfaff but hear they are good machines. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Keep us posted. Deb
Old 08-31-2009, 05:38 PM

lucky you i wish i had a friend like that :mrgreen: about the cooking i think i would take them out so i won,t have to wash dishes :lol:
Old 08-31-2009, 07:20 PM

WOW!!!! No epidural folks, BUT, I'm resting -- I think new mother's need 3 days rest at least! GADS, I'm tired! We put it up -- took only three hours -- ONLY three hours. That baby is NEVER coming down! :mrgreen: Yes, I've played/practiced on two "quilts"...one about a lap quilt size and the other about full size bed. My friend brought the fabric....had found it for $.50 a yard!!!!! Now that I'm on my own, I'm able to really practice....and I can see it's going to take time! Unfortunately (this isn't nice)...we're having company over all week!!!!! no overnighters, but one night is the neighborhood barbecue at our house!!!! Guess I'd better clean the house, cuz it's supposed to rain!!! Oh.....DH was such a doll. Even though he wasn't feeling well, he helped cook AND did dishes!!!!!! Gotta love a man that will do that! :mrgreen:

PS -- pictures of the set-up will come tomorrow.....pics of a new quilt.......maybe next month!!! LOL
Old 09-03-2009, 07:14 AM

Boy, do you have a wonderful friend or what. Congratulations. If I had room in my house, I might consider a long arm but that would mean hubby would have to move out, hmmmmmmmmm!!