Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm home from retreat! >

I'm home from retreat!

I'm home from retreat!

Old 07-23-2010, 12:17 AM

OH WOW, what a wonderful retreat we had! We ended up with 18 ladies showing up for all or part of the retreat. We had such fun laughing and talking with each other, meeting new people, and quilting! We shared ideas, techniques, etc. I haven't got pix yet of what I got done but I learned how to make a "new to me" QAYG, and a tube pillow case with a French seam. I taught some of the ladies how to make some coasters (the pattern that my Canadian quilting board friend sent me :D ) and got several things done. I finished a firemen pinup tote bag for a friend, a pillow case and quilt top for my grandson, got all of one set of blacks and batiks HSTs that I ordered from mclaceruby (I think I got that right)(it's the one in her avy) sewn together and one block made, and I got all the diamond center peices for two star quilts cut out. The grandson's quilt top is a pattern called Rainbow Road. The white in the checkered flag part are glow-in-the-dark as are the outlines of the stars in the next two quilt tops that I worked on.
I had so much fun that although I'd planned to come home on Wednesday, I stayed till Thursday. It was such a great time! If any of you ever get a chance to come to Threads of Time for a retreat and don't do it you are really missing out. The next open retreat is in September. They start at 3pm on Sunday and end at 1pm on Thursday. You can come for the day or spend as many nights as you want. I'm hoping to go again in September but with DD in school I may only be able to go during the day. Check it out,
http://www.threadsoftimefab.com If you click on the retreat center part you can read all about the accomodations, see pictures of the rooms and such. The newest BIG sewing room isn't on there yet. It can hold up to 50 quilters at a time!!!!
We carried in our machines, projects, and food and didn't have to leave the bldg the whole time. We ordered in meals a couple of times, shopped in the attached fabric store during the day if we wanted, stayed up half the night sewing in our jammies, got up early and started in again.
I was tired and went to bed early last night but then woke at 2am. I think I'm tired again so, good night, I'm going back to bed but I just had to tell you all about retreat.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:49 AM

Sounds like you had a great time. Aren't quilters fun people to be with? I would love to go - now all I have to think about is how I could afford the plane fare from Australia!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Pam

Rapture, I am so glad that you had a great time. Mom camp soundes like a blast, glad your DD survived without you, after all!!! LOL

As of right now I am planning on attendig the September retreat, hope to meet you there.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:37 AM

I'm sew glad you had a GREAT time at your retreat and will look forward to all the pics of your projects when you get them all finished.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back, Rapture!! Sounds like you got a lot done and had a blast!!!
It's been a bit quiet here w/o you- glad you're back :D
Old 07-23-2010, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
Rapture, I am so glad that you had a great time. Mom camp soundes like a blast, glad your DD survived without you, after all!!! LOL

As of right now I am planning on attendig the September retreat, hope to meet you there.
I may only be able to go during the day but I'm planning on going. Since Josie's in school I have to be here to take her in the morning and help with homework at night. DH isn't good about doing either.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

That sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you had a great time.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:04 AM

I'm so happy to hear about all the fun things you did on retreat. My head is spinning just trying to think of how you got to do all that stuff in just four days! :shock:

I am really looking forward to seeing the picture. :) And even if you only get to go for the days to the next one, I still hope you do it.

Retreats are wonderful! :)
Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a great time was had by all :D:D:D
Can't wait to see all of the projects that you were working on!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:27 AM

Wow all that you accomplished is an inspiration. Sounds like you had such a wonderful experience. Looking forward to you posting photos of all your projects. I just learned to make the pillowcases with the french seams, they make the best gifts. I ordered the HST kits from Micelle also, but I haven't started mine yet, hope you post the photos of that project, I've got to get inspired to get moving. Glad you had a wonderful retreat.