Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm at a total loss for this one..... >

I'm at a total loss for this one.....

I'm at a total loss for this one.....

Old 10-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

you could cut it across and then down as in Convergence quilt style. by ricky tims I believe. i did one long ago with Otter fabric. not skinny cuts but enough to allow you to add softer fabrics in between. What ever you do should work well.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

Have you search the manufacturer's website who made this panel? Sometimes they have suggestions. Have you search Google to see if their are any panel quilts to inspire you??

I would only trim if it if you are going to add pieced blocks. That would determine the amount of trimming. Good Luck. I think it will be cute.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:58 PM

I love it as it is. Makes me think Christmas.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

Attic windows would work. Use the fairies for the center windows and surround them with a toned down Christmas tree print and maybe shades of black for the window frame.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

The colors seem too heavy for a child's quilt. I would make Christmas stockings or toss it in the scrap bin.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:00 PM

Maybe a 9 patch pizzazz... using some of the colors in the panel other than the red and green to tie things together. Just google images to get an idea
Old 10-04-2014, 07:16 PM

I think it would make a really cute medallion type quilt. Can you cut off the borders and then make some blocks using the pinky/peach color from the wings of the two fairies and maybe black to soften it up a bit? I do like the idea of bringing in some of the soft green also. I think you could also bring the red back out in the binding or a small border. Let us know what you decide to do with it & of course post a pic! Looks like a fun project.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:43 PM

I bought 2 of the panels a while back and in my opinion-with the various shades of red and green and the black background-there is really no way to "soften" the colors with out looking off. Maybe a dark gold? I have held various reds and greens against it and to me, black borders are my first choice. I would trim off the red side pieces. The colors are vivid and bright. Little girls wear black a lot. pink and black rooms, clothes. Green and black. The panels are not that big and would be better sized for a nappy quilt or wall hanging to decorate their room.
JMHO
Jill M
Old 10-04-2014, 10:20 PM

I think it would be adorable with a little sleeve as a wall hanging for a little girl's room. If you really want to make it into a bed quilt, I think I'd put it off in one corner, rather than dead center. You could add in some blue/turquoise to make a triadic color scheme or add in some red-violet and violet to make a split analogous color scheme, but I honestly think that a pink quilt with some pieced/appliqued poinsettias designed like a modern quilt could look quite cute.
Attached Thumbnails fairy.png  
Old 10-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Power Poster

Now look what some one else did with this panel.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/432204895462625597/

Lovely! I know my girls would love a quilt like this.