Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The infamous pegboard and all of it's fun little implements! >

The infamous pegboard and all of it's fun little implements!

The infamous pegboard and all of it's fun little implements!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 AM

Some of my rulers don't have a hole in them to hang them from a peg board. How do you hang those?
When I got my peg board from my Home Depot a very nice man helped me. He even offered to build a frame for my board so I could hang it on the wall. A few hours later he called me to tell me that he was done and I could come and pick up my frame. God bless him. The frame was so heavy I could hardly lift it. There was no way I was going to be able to get this thing on my wall. He was so proud of his job, told me he didn't charge me for the screws he used to attach the board to the frame. I just thanked him profusely and had help loading the board in my car. It is now in my garage. I will have to get the board off the frame and find some other way to attach it to my wall. There are times when I would love to have a husband around. Those guys at my local Home Depot are so helpful. Even if I couldn't use his creation, I sure appreciated his efforts.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:21 AM

I use a binder clip and then hang the rulers by the clamp on the clip.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:31 AM

Do you like the frame? If so perhaps you could get someone to help you mount the frame, even the gentleman who took the time to construct it for you may be unaware that it is beyond your capabilities to mount it on the wall. <o></o>
If you like the frame I would hope there was some way with help to get it mounted, I wish we lived closer my husband would help!<o></o>
My husband works Part-time at Home Depot (isn’t that where all retired guys go when they run out of Honey Do projects? :0) Be sure and remember to let the managers know when someone at Home Depot goes above and beyond to help you, it does make a BIG difference to employee.<o></o>

Originally Posted by chaskaquilter View Post
Some of my rulers don't have a hole in them to hang them from a peg board. How do you hang those?
When I got my peg board from my Home Depot a very nice man helped me. He even offered to build a frame for my board so I could hang it on the wall. A few hours later he called me to tell me that he was done and I could come and pick up my frame. God bless him. The frame was so heavy I could hardly lift it. There was no way I was going to be able to get this thing on my wall. He was so proud of his job, told me he didn't charge me for the screws he used to attach the board to the frame. I just thanked him profusely and had help loading the board in my car. It is now in my garage. I will have to get the board off the frame and find some other way to attach it to my wall. There are times when I would love to have a husband around. Those guys at my local Home Depot are so helpful. Even if I couldn't use his creation, I sure appreciated his efforts.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chaskaquilter View Post
Do you have a sturdy table sitting against the wall? You could sit it on top of the table with just a couple of screws in the wall studs to keep it from tipping? I have even seen one fastened to the back of a desk with the bottom on the floor. The desk was one that was placed out in the room for cutting fabric on. Good luck.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

There's nothing like a woman on a mission. Before we moved I had a smaller pegboard no larger than 2 x 3 feet, but it's amazing what that little board could hold and I could see everything at a glance. Now I can see everything at a glance, it's just not organized. Good luck with your mission.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:31 AM

I have pegboard in my sewing room and I've reorganized it multiple times. What I MOST love about it is that I can hang something up there when in a hurry and it won't get buried or lost in the shuffle (or cutting table stack). I have purchased the metal doo-hickies in many places... even the dollar store. The only things that have frustrated me have been the plastic jars made specifically for the p-board. HEAVEN HELP YOU if you get one of those gems slightly cross threaded. Regardless... I love having pegboard in the room. HAVE FUN
Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 AM

I can tell I need to go shopping for bats.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 AM

Oh noooooooo.... something else on my want (not need) list.
Annie
Old 02-03-2012, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by sweet View Post
Hello!
I finally got a nice size 4x6 piece of white pegboard hanging in my 'room'. Now the search is on for all of the correct size gadget-dolittle-thing-a-ma-bobs. Of course, a trip to ace hardware....in the rain...no problem as I am on a mission! Now they only had some of this and some of that. So I spent too much on that and this. I'm talking about those little hanger push in metal do higgies. Ya know, those things your hubbies hoard and cherish!
So after much moola speant, I am still finding space on my new big white super dooper hanger pegboard thingy. Alas, I a running short on those little metal creatures and am devising a way to get much more online. There is something strange in some of those packets, I must warn y'all. They are small and black and look like little BATS! I guess they are suppose to permanently hold the metal thingys to their proper perspective holes. But I am only at the beginning of my organizational journey and want nothing to to with those batty things, I even refuse to read their directions. They are captured in a ziplock bag and now are hanging on their own little metal do-jobber, encased in an airtight prison, until called out for duty.
So, has anyone else been through this fun dilemma? Any and all advice is welcomed! (not bat jokes, please...lol)
Oh girl, I have been there and done that. I have one that holds all my embroidery hoops etc., another holds all my serger thread, and two more hold all those little thingys that seem to forever get lost in the drawers. Couldn't live without 'em.

Sorry I have missed you for awhile. We lost our #3 son with a massive heart attack a couple of weeks ago and our beloved 12 year old St Bernard this week. They're now keeping each other company.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by mar32428 View Post
Oh girl, I have been there and done that. I have one that holds all my embroidery hoops etc., another holds all my serger thread, and two more hold all those little thingys that seem to forever get lost in the drawers. Couldn't live without 'em.

Sorry I have missed you for awhile. We lost our #3 son with a massive heart attack a couple of weeks ago and our beloved 12 year old St Bernard this week. They're now keeping each other company.
I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.