Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Inspira quilting frame >

Inspira quilting frame

Inspira quilting frame

Old 01-17-2012, 06:08 PM

Unhappy Inspira quilting frame

Help, I am desperate. I lost one of my quilt roller bars for my rollers on my quilting frame. The company has closed and I can't get the part. Any suggestions, its the older model.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:17 PM

Maybe try ebay?
Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM

I have that frame and I really only use 2 bars. The take up and the backing bar. I float the quilt top and the batting. Works very easily. Try it.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 PM

I don't use the batting bar on mine either. Kept banging my knees on it as I sit to quilt. So, off it came! If you did want to replace it, you could get a large diameter wooden dowel, or even PVC pipe from the hardware store. If you don't have the end caps anymore, use a screw in the end of the dowel. For PVC pipe, I'd get a piece of wood, or a large cork to plug the ends and put a screw into that. If you could find a bolt that had a screw on one end and a bolt on the other, that would be ideal. (like the kind that come with the ceiling light fixture hooks)
Old 01-03-2017, 03:17 PM

Default Help with Inspira frame

I know it's been forever since you posted this but I just got an Inspira frame for FREE and the only problem is that it is missing one rod and one end cap. So it looks like you have a solution in just getting either a dowel or a PVC pipe and my husband is pretty handy so I'm sure I can do that. BUT - you said you never use the batting bar. So do I understand correctly that you put the bottom fabric and the top fabric each on their own roller and then just feed the batting in (assuming the full sandwich would be pinned to the leader on the takeup roller?

Originally Posted by tjradj View Post
I don't use the batting bar on mine either. Kept banging my knees on it as I sit to quilt. So, off it came! If you did want to replace it, you could get a large diameter wooden dowel, or even PVC pipe from the hardware store. If you don't have the end caps anymore, use a screw in the end of the dowel. For PVC pipe, I'd get a piece of wood, or a large cork to plug the ends and put a screw into that. If you could find a bolt that had a screw on one end and a bolt on the other, that would be ideal. (like the kind that come with the ceiling light fixture hooks)
Old 01-03-2017, 03:20 PM

I just took possesion of an Inspira frame in almost new condition...except that I realized after I put it together as a 5' frame that I'm missing a roller bar and an end cap. I don't need the roller bar now since I've got it set up as half size but if I can figure out the quilting I'll be expanding to the 10'. Did you by any chance try either of the suggestions that I see below on using a dowel or PVC pipe with a washer and screw? If so just wondering if that worked and if I should try that?

Originally Posted by renee H View Post
Help, I am desperate. I lost one of my quilt roller bars for my rollers on my quilting frame. The company has closed and I can't get the part. Any suggestions, its the older model.