Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Inspira quilting frames

Question Inspira quilting frames

I have had these frames for over a year. We are finally setting it up in my new studio!! Now the delima...what machine do I use on it?
    Anyone who has one, what do you use with yours and do you like it? I am going to buy something, but need help from all of you.
    I quilt, therefore I am.

Blog Entries
    From what I have read about this frame, you can use any machine with up to an 18" throat. Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter, Pfaff Grand Quilter, Any of the Bailey machines and I am sure there are others. I have a Bailey and love it's simplicity! I would love to have the Inspira Frame, the newest one, but there are other things on my list before I start over with a new frame . Have fun shopping!
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

The voyager 17" (factory refurbished) is very cost effective right now. From hinterburger. Do you have a budget?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000projects View Post
    The voyager 17" (factory refurbished) is very cost effective right now. From hinterburger. Do you have a budget?
    I have a Voyager 17 and love it - purchased it used at a very very affordable price.
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

I have the inspira frame and used the viking mega quilter on it. Works great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nancylouie View Post
    I have the inspira frame and used the viking mega quilter on it. Works great for me.
    Same here!

I have the Imperial frame by inspria and really like it. I have a viking 18x8 on it now and really love it. I started out with the viking mega quilter on it which was nice but felt that I needed more quilting space. I kept my mega quilter for piecing and that has worked quite well. I think if I were you I would test drive the machines you are interested in as everyone has their own needs. I am pretty sure that the tin lizzy, pfaff, and viking are pretty much the same machine.