Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: instructions for self bordered 2 layer quilt

Blog Entries

instructions for self bordered 2 layer quilt

Some time ago there was a post for an easy quilt that had a backing larger than the front ( about a 3 inch border on each of 4 sides). The back and front were sewn together on all 4 sides. Somehow the corners were mitered so that everything lay flat. I want to start making 2 layer flannel receiving blankets for charity and cannot find the instructions. I can't find the tutorial on Missouri Quilt's either.

Blog Entries
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years.

"I, myself, am entirely made of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."

Oooowww I haven't seen this before. Thanks so much guys? I am definitely going to try this with a small size first.

Gladys, it's a fun method. I've made potholders, placemats, and the square casserole cover/carriers using it. Have fun!
    Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years.

"I, myself, am entirely made of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."

Self binding

I have made sets of baby gifts with this pattern. I make the receiving blanket and a burp cloth and a bib.. I used to make baby quilts for al the babies but wayyyy to many babys being born to keep up. Now just my kids get the baby quilts for our grand kids... also make table runners and placemats with this pattern. SOOO fast and EASY..
    Attached Images Attached Images