Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Intimated!! >

Intimated!!

Intimated!!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:37 AM
klc

It takes me a while to make the first cut on new material. I look at it and wonder if I am making the right choice for this particular fabric. I can envision all types of projects I could use it for. Once I've made the first cut I'm O.K. Sometimes it takes me days before I'll cut into it. You just won't get much sewing done if you don't cut your material. It's nice you have a MIL that will help, but it's time to do it yourself! Enjoy all the parts of sewing, even the cutting. Buy more than you really need if you are afraid of making a mistake. Then you have extra do work with.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 AM

I tend to over-think and fret about things before I starting way too much. My grandmother used to say, "Do SOMETHING...even if it's wrong!" I now say that when I find myself do this and it gets me going. Occasionally it is wrong, but I have lots more rights than wrongs. LOL

Also, as noahscats7 said above, the June Taylor rulers are awesome! I have four different ones and love them! The Shape Cut with 1/2" increments is the one I use the most. I feel I have better control with it and can make multiple cuts without moving the ruler.

Good luck and, "Do something...even if it's wrong!"