Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Invisible Machine Applique Stitches on Juki HZL-F600

Invisible Machine Applique Stitches on Juki HZL-F600

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Juki HZL- F600 machine to replace my 20 year old non-computerized machine (whoo-hoo!). I am in the process of trying to determine which of the many new stitches I have access to would work best for sewing down my freezer paper prepared applique pieces.

I am using Superior Monopoly on top and Aurifil 50 wt. cotton on bottom.

I looked at the blind hem stitch, but can't seem to get it small enough to use for applique. Since I've read that this machine is used by a lot of quilters, I thought I would ask here what kind of stitches you like best for machine applique on your F600. (Oh, and if anyone knows of a Juki forum for quilters, that would also be Great!)

Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-27-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Can your machine do a small blanket stitch?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Power Poster
    I don’t own a Juki but when I got my new Bernina, I used a scrap of fabric and tried out all of my fancy stitches. You can do the same with your stitches and find which stitch gives you the effect you want.

Check your manual. I just pulled it on-line. Page 37 shows a stitch for elastic that looks similar to zig zag.

Also check the pages that show the applique stitch.

On my machine (brother), I use a small zig zag but it looks like the jagged edge of a leaf. I use a length of 1 and width of 2 on the settings but change according to whim. Here is a pic of the stitch. I like this one and use it most of the time for applique.

Be sure to do a sample adjusting length and width. I write them right on the sample and keep in a notebook for later reference.

Have fun with your new machine. It certainly has some great features!

Name:  IMG_0034.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  49.7 KB

Blog Entries
    i just use a narrow elongated zig zag on the outside edges. works great for me
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I use blanket stitch, #6 on the first list of stitches, most of the time. I use others depending on the look I want, but use #6 the most. Enjoy your new baby. I’ve had mine for 6 years and have never had an issue.

I mainly use one of two straight stitch only machine. When I made four Dresden Plate quilts I turned under the petals and did a straight stitch close to the edge.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.