Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipad cover

Ipad cover

I am looking for a pattern to make an Ipad cover for my sister before xmas can anyone help
    thanks

thanks will heck them out

I sure wish people would quit using the term xmas meaning Christmas. Christ was born on Christmas, not X.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen K.
    I sure wish people would quit using the term xmas meaning Christmas. Christ was born on Christmas, not X.
    I am so with you on this one. When I was in grade school; many, many years ago we did a bill board; one have showed Christmas having Christ as part of the word and the other showed the Xmas which showed it as money. When you spell Xmas you take Christ out of Christmas and that's what it is supposed to be all about. I'm a fan of shortening words especially when text messaging but this is one word that I can't shorten; I always think back to what was taught in school about the difference in the two words. No, I didn't go to a Christian school; it was public but long before people felt the need to remove it from schools. Merry Christmas to all.

Very nice, thanks!

Try out Whistlepig Creek. They have a great pattern for the covers. Also, I'm sure if you google it you'll come up with lots of patterns, probably a lot of them free.

Blog Entries
    If you go to emlibrary.com they have one. It shows how to make it along with the sizes for the different eReaders. It's under thier projects; you can just ignore the part where you do the embroidery unless you want to do that. After seeing it this weekend I'm making one for my coworker who has the Nook.

I have a pattern from Atkinson Designs which is called "Reader Wrap" ATK-156. It's finished size is 6"w X 8-1/2h X 1" deep. It is for a Nook, Kindle, or other e-reader (5-1/2 X 8 or smaller. Easily open and close securely with elastic or velcro. Includes an optional pocket for the M-edge book light.

Blog Entries
    When I "need" to shortcut the word Christmas, I use a "t"....tmas...as it looks like a cross, especially when writing it. It gets the message across. I also really dislike the "X'.
    Smiles to all

Blog Entries
    Karen K - We agree with you about Christmas vs. Xmas. I have an old record of George Beverly Shea singing, "Don't wish me Merry Xmas." It's not that much harder to write Christ than X. Thank you for taking a stand.

Guys, play nice! Not everyone is religious. I'm sure we all remember how out of hand things got with the bumper sticker thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AzSailor
    When I "need" to shortcut the word Christmas, I use a "t"....tmas...as it looks like a cross, especially when writing it. It gets the message across. I also really dislike the "X'.
    Smiles to all
    I shorten mine to "C'mas."

Thanks for saying what some may not have the courage to.

It's a shame Christmas now-a-days is all about gifts and not about our Savior's birth.

Courage comes from accepting others not belittling them.

Please can everyone use the "Thumper rule": "If you can't say something nice,..., don't say anything at all!"

Quote Originally Posted by redpurselady
    Thanks for saying what some may not have the courage to.

It's a shame Christmas now-a-days is all about gifts and not about our Savior's birth.

Xmas is a term that has been used for thousands of years... blame the Greeks and early Xians!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

As far as iPad covers, I made mine with Timtex for sturdiness along with padding for softness and with elastic in the corners to hold the iPad in. Thanks for the links to many other ways to make a cover though. Had I seen those earlier, it would have made my lowly effort much easier.

I loved the Etch-A-Sketch cover. Going to make one for my
    DMIL for a holiday gift. thanks for the link!

Isn't this supposed to be a quilters' forum, not a place for religious/non remarks that have nothing to do with quilting? Reminds me of a thread a year or so ago with folks outraged about how the "government" was trying to do horrible things to everyone. Not appropriate for this board, folks.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisl
    Isn't this supposed to be a quilters' forum, not a place for religious/non remarks that have nothing to do with quilting? Reminds me of a thread a year or so ago with folks outraged about how the "government" was trying to do horrible things to everyone. Not appropriate for this board, folks.

Just FYI, X is the the letter 'chi' which is the first letter of the Greek word for Christ. It has been abbreviated in this way for many, many years -even in religious documents. If the secular community WERE going to abbreviate it, don't you think it would be C-mas???

I saw a You-Tube demo of Nancy Zieman with a pattern from Clover - she showed how to assemble them. Thank you for the Tip Nut reference I had lost my reference to that.

Marysewfun

So, right you are. We all have quilting in common, but may not have the same in belief's.

I made one of these for my e-reader. If you know the size of the Ipad you could just enlarge it. I used some jelly roll strips that I had left over for mine. I used the new iron on velcro to keep it closed. Here is the Moda Bake Shop Website

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/bookkeeper.html

And here is a photo of my cover:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Walmart has book covers with zippers that work great for an IPad cover
    Syl

sometimes its not thinking, that gets us into trouble! years ago while labeling Christmas overstocks, we were told to xmas it faster, time saving. A customer came down the aisle,& I asked if I could her. She said yes, - could you PLEASE stop Xing Jesus off his day? That was the last time I ever XMAS'D, Christmas.It relly didn't save that much time &not doing it showed some respect for the holiday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast